Documents For Children

JamsN4

We are sailing Carnival Liberty on 7/26/08!!! As a single mom, I am wondering if I still need to get the ex's written permission to take my kids onboard. They all have their passports which he had to sign for so do they still need additional paperwork? I am sure this may have been discussed before but I am not having an easy time with the search function.

Thx in advance :)

Judy

You still need a letter from your ex authorizing you to travel with them outside the country. Having a passport does not show that he has authorized them to leave the country on a particular trip.

Yes, you still need the notarized letter with all the details of your cruise. Name of ship, places visiting, etc. They may or may not look at it when you check in. I'm not asked every cruise, but grateful I had it when I was asked.

Just read the Carnival policy and it suggests you have an "original letter" from the parent not traveling, but it does say if you are traveling to Mexico a "notarized letter is required before you will be allowed to leave the ship in Mexico".

A gal that had booked my cruise said that she is divorced and taken her kids and never been asked. I asked only because my dd father passed away and i didnt know if i had to travel with his death cert. She advised me to ask immigration. So, you might want to do that as an fyi.

We are sailing Carnival Liberty on 7/26/08!!! As a single mom, I am wondering if I still need to get the ex's written permission to take my kids onboard. They all have their passports which he had to sign for so do they still need additional paperwork? I am sure this may have been discussed before but I am not having an easy time with the search function.

Thx in advance :)

Judy

The answer is yes. You need a Notarized Letter from the parent who isn't going stating that he/she gives you permission to leave the country with the child/children. We (my daughter and her son and I ) have been asked on every one of our cruises for the paper. We were told if we didn't have the letter my grandson would not be permitted to board the ship.

We have a notarized letter from her ex stating that from the date signed till Thomas reaches his 18th birthday his mother, grandmother and/or Aunt has his permission to take Thomas anywhere in the world. Works for us.

Thomas' mother, in turn, gave the same form to her ex signed by her.

Better to have the piece of paper and have a great vacation than be turned away at the dock.

Kate

Archived