wyndham at cable beach - anyone done this?

Ashelleigh

Has anyone got a daypass at the Wyndham on Cable Beach in Nassau? If I understand correctly, you take the #10 Jitney in front of the straw market and tell the driver you want the wyndham. Is this correct? How do you get the daypass once there? Are swim diapers allowed in the pools? Also, do they have towel service?

Any other info you can give on this is greatly appreciated!

Cable Beach is excellent. You can either take the bus or a taxi, and with a child, I think the taxi is a better choice. They didn't appear to allow diapers in any of the pools, sorry. We stayed there for a week, and I saw no diapers in the pools at all, and there were tons of kids. You can always do a dip in the ocean instead of the pool. They have cabanas with towels for you. I'm not sure where you get the day pass, since we actually stayed there, but you could just ask the concierge or go to the front desk.

We did this in February. We took the bus, and it was no issue. They ran about every 5 minutes...we just told him where we were going and he pointed it out. As indicated, wristbands are available at the front desk. There would have been no issue with swimmers in the pool, except that it was too darn cold to go in (the pool was completely empty, but many adults in the hot tub). So we spent our time on the beach, and swinging in a hammock. It was a really nice day.

I did this when I cruised in the NCL Spirit in 2006. I took a bus and got off right in front. Went inside and got the wrist bands. I don't know about the swim diapers-at the time my son was potty trained.

I wanted to warm you about the bus system though. Going to the hotel-the bus was nice-no complaints. Going back to the boat-another story. We went through Bahamas and picked up a bunch of locals-people were drinking inside the bus and music was blasting really loud. My husband and I were getting really nervous as we were going into bad parts of Bahamas. Everyone getting on kept asking us if we wanted to buy drugs. Once the bus filled up with people they dropped us off. This year in Bahamas we paid the extra money and took a taxi. We were very pleased with this.

I think the locals try to make as much money as they can on a bus run-so leaving the hotel be concerned of this. I wouldn't want the same situation to happen to anyone else-especially when traveling with kids.

Just a contrasting view on the bus. As I said, we did this in February with a 16-month old. Because there are formal bus routes, we didn't go through any bad parts of town. No offers of drugs. No music on the bus. We wouldn't hesistate to travel this way in the future.

Something else to consider... In Nassau we walked to the British Colonial Hilton and got $20 day passes (kids were free). It included towel service and use of pool and beach. We used swimmers on my 2 year old son and I didn't see any signs indicating they were not allowed. Have fun!

CKEA~ Can you tell me more about your experience at the Hilton? Was it family friendly? Also, how far was it from the ship?

I don't remember thinking much of Cable Beach the time we rented mopeds and went there. It wasn't as nice as the area around Atlantis, which is closer to the ship. If you can still by the day passes to Atlantis- do it. Even if you can't get the day passes, it is still worth going there to see their aquarium and sit on their stretch of beach.

Archived