Age Restrictions on Carnival

sunrise&set

Hi

I know I have read this somewhere.... I know cruiselines are very strict about kids' ages in the kids clubs, but I have a funny dilemma. We're looking to book a cruise for extended family next Feb during Presidents' Week. The cruise we are leaning towards leaves on Feb 14. My DS turns 2 on Feb 15. Will they let him in the kids' club for the 2-5 yo age group? Also, when booking, do I say he is 2? They specifically ask for age on day of embarkation.

Seems silly to me when it's only a day, but have to ask!

They will check his birth certificate or passport' date=' if he has one. So you can't fudge on the info.[/quote']

I don't want to fudge any info, just wondering if he can participate in the kids club for the week. We usually book over the phone so we can ask them about it too. Just not sure how to book it (23 months, 364 days LOL!) If it is a problem, we may look at cruises that leave Feb 15 (his birthday).

Hey that's my older daughter's bday too! :D

I would ask when you call. We usually wait till the week after the bdays to sail when it comes to being old enough for the kid's camp.

In cruisline terms, you are the age you are on the day of embarkation. But Carnival *may* make an exception.

If your child will be 2 during the cruise then yes they can use the Camp but not until the day they turn 2. They are very strict with that. They will have all the info ie: birthdate, etc.

Sorry, but unfortunately that's not true. In Carnival's brochure it states that you're the age you are on the first day of the cruise, for the entire cruise, no matter if you celebrate a birthday during the cruise. This goes for young kids who might be able to enter an older age group or for a passenger who might turn 21 during a cruise or for anyone else where the age policy has an issue. You most certainly can go to the club and see if they will take your child after the birthday, but don't be too surprised if they say no. But it would be nice if they agreed.

Not sure if I want to take a chance, although I'm not even sure if we'll use the kids' club. I'll keep looking for a cruise that leaves on the 15th. I'm afraid that someone at Carnival will tell me we're all set, but then when we get onboard we'll be told NO. Thanks everyone!

Archived