1st Time Carnival Cruiser

hurls88

In a word "no". There is no extra charge for things like rock climbing, ice skating, in line skating, Flowrider or any of the other activities. You have a choice of free ice cream in the Windjammer of you can pay for Ben and Jerry's. You can have free coffee in the Windjammer/Cafe Promenade/Seaview Cafe or you can buy the Seattles Best in Lattetudes. You can have free hamburgers in the WJ or pay for them in Johnny Rockets. RCI charges no more for this stuff than Carnival does. The only place that RCI does not give free is cappuccino's in the dining room after dinner.

The children's program on Carnival is great. My dd loves Carnival.

The "free" ice cream machines on Mariner of the Seas were not working the majority of the time we were on our cruise. We have cruised Carnival several times and always found the ice cream machines working. Free coffee is available onboard CCL (as well as RCCL). Cappuccino is free in the DR on Carnival. There is an extra charge aboard RCCL. IMO the food in the DR on CCL is much better than RCCL.

We have cruised NCL, CCL & RCCL. Glory is our favorite ship. Mariner of the Seas was our least favorite.

Have a great cruise on the Glory!!

The children's program on Carnival is great. My dd loves Carnival.

The "free" ice cream machines on Mariner of the Seas were not working the majority of the time we were on our cruise. We have cruised Carnival several times and always found the ice cream machines working. Free coffee is available onboard CCL (as well as RCCL). Cappuccino is free in the DR on Carnival. There is an extra charge aboard RCCL. IMO the food in the DR on CCL is much better than RCCL.

We have cruised NCL, CCL & RCCL. Glory is our favorite ship. Mariner of the Seas was our least favorite.

Have a great cruise on the Glory!!

You are getting me excited. My son loved RCI kids Program. In fact he would not get off the ship in Jamaica. I hope Camp arnival is just as Good if not Better

Could someone post which Carnival ships are in what category and what their debut year was? I could have sworn I read it in some other post but for the life of me I can't find it now. :confused:

Thanks!

Chereya

Here's a little more detail for you:

Here is a list of the classes of ships, and the year they were put into service, along with double occupancy guest capacity, number of staff, Gross Tonnage and Length of Ship:

Holiday Class = Holiday (85/renovated in 98), Celebration (87)

1452 pax; 660 staff; GT - 46,052; 728 feet

Fantasy Class = Fantasy (90), Ecstasy (91), Sensation (93), Fascination (94), Imagination (95), Inspiration (96), Elation (98), and Paradise (98)

2052 pax; 920 staff; GT – 70,367; 855 feet

Destiny Class = Destiny (96)

2642 pax; 1000 staff; GT – 101,509; 893 feet

Triumph Class = Triumph (99), Victory (00)

2758 pax; 1000 staff; GT – 101,509; 893 feet

Spirit Class = Spirit (01), Pride (01), Legend (02), Miracle (04)

2124 pax; 930 staff; GT – 88,500; 963 feet

Conquest Class = Conquest (02), Glory (03), Valor (04), Liberty (05), Freedom (07)

2974 pax; 1160 staff; GT – 110,000-113,000; 952 feet

Splendor Class = Splendor (08)

2948 pax; 1150 staff; GT = 113,300; 952 feet

New Ships to be launched = Dream (09), Magic (2011)

My second cruise on Carnival is coming up in just 20 days! The only thing I did not really care for on Miracle was the layout of the ship. The buffet area is very closed in and it can get difficult to manuver around people when it gets crowded. Also, the adult pool is small with no real shade. Our waiter was not the best, but I know this can vary from cruise to cruise and not isolated to one cruise line so I am not concerned. However, the entertainment on Carnival was much better than RCL. The rooms were also larger and more comfy than RCL. I have also heard the RCL is no longer having lobster night! Please tell me Carnival still serves Lobster.

My second cruise on Carnival is coming up in just 20 days! The only thing I did not really care for on Miracle was the layout of the ship. The buffet area is very closed in and it can get difficult to manuver around people when it gets crowded. Also, the adult pool is small with no real shade. Our waiter was not the best, but I know this can vary from cruise to cruise and not isolated to one cruise line so I am not concerned. However, the entertainment on Carnival was much better than RCL. The rooms were also larger and more comfy than RCL. I have also heard the RCL is no longer having lobster night! Please tell me Carnival still serves Lobster.

Thank you for the info have fun in 20 days

Archived