1st Time Carnival Cruiser

hurls88

As you can see in my Sig I am A Royal Caribbean Cruiser but I have recently started working part time for Carnival as a Res Agent so I felt like I ought to give the Merchandise a test run. I am sailing with Wife,12 Year old Son and 5 year old daughter on the Glory (07/12/08) Exotic Western. I have read reviews but I want to hear from you all on what I am going to like or dislike about Carnival compared to my other cruises. Thanks for any info. Mike

I have never tried royal carrb. But have sailed with 3 different lines and the only real difference was the shows . Food and service were great on all the lines.I go with carnival cause of price.

Thats what I am liking the Best so far and the Employee Discount doesn't hurt

Mike, welcome to the Carnival board! I have ONLY sailed Carnival, but I have always had a wonderful cruise experience on each of my 3 cruises. Food, service, entertainment have all been great. The cabins are nice a roomy. I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Glory! :D

I agree...Carnival's price is so much lower and the value factor is much higher...Granted RCL ships may have more onboard activities, but they charge you for them anyway. Carnival's food continues to improve and remain consistently good. I have cruised Princess, RCL, Norwegian and Carnival and always keep coming back to Carnival. Paying $500-$700 more pp for a cabin on RCL, and Princess is now catching up to RCL's prices, I do not see any value difference there. I would really need to get a great fare to cruise either line again. The only factor which could convince me would be itinerary. AS we have cruised so often...same ports get a bit old.

Mike, welcome to the Carnival board! I have ONLY sailed Carnival, but I have always had a wonderful cruise experience on each of my 3 cruises. Food, service, entertainment have all been great. The cabins are nice a roomy. I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Glory! :D

Thank you for the Info and the welcome

I agree...Carnival's price is so much lower and the value factor is much higher...Granted RCL ships may have more onboard activities, but they charge you for them anyway. Carnival's food continues to improve and remain consistently good. I have cruised Princess, RCL, Norwegian and Carnival and always keep coming back to Carnival. Paying $500-$700 more pp for a cabin on RCL, and Princess is now catching up to RCL's prices, I do not see any value difference there. I would really need to get a great fare to cruise either line again. The only factor which could convince me would be itinerary. AS we have cruised so often...same ports get a bit old.

Thats why we chose the GL because we have never done the Exotic western

Thats why we chose the GL because we have never done the Exotic western

Western itinerary is fun. If the Glory goes to Cozumel, I recommend Paradise Beach. Take a taxi there, and enjoy a great beach day. They have lots of loungers, umbrellas, water toys like floating trampoline, iceburg, kayaks, etc. All day use of the water toys was $8 when we were there 2 years ago. As long as you spend about $10, you can use their loungers all day. We had a great waiter who brought us drinks and food to our loungers all day. Wonderful!

Western itinerary is fun. If the Glory goes to Cozumel, I recommend Paradise Beach. Take a taxi there, and enjoy a great beach day. They have lots of loungers, umbrellas, water toys like floating trampoline, iceburg, kayaks, etc. All day use of the water toys was $8 when we were there 2 years ago. As long as you spend about $10, you can use their loungers all day. We had a great waiter who brought us drinks and food to our loungers all day. Wonderful!

Thanks for the tip. We are leaning towards my Wife/Daughter Dolphanaris and Myself/Son speedboats. If we don't do the Excursions then Beach it is

been on 2 RCL in the last year..Been on CCL 12 times in 16 months. Each has a diff product..pro and cons for each IMHO..but never have a bad time. Have traveled on many other lines as well..the cruising world has changes in the last few years from the "old days"..go wid da flow tho

Do they charge you extra for the "more activities" on RCL or do you mean it is charged in the xtra cost? (I have never cruised RCL.. just wondering)

We've only cruised on Carnival and NCL - and comparing to NCL, Carnival's food is MUCH MUCH better and we found the staff much friendlier. Carnival also has bigger, more comfortable rooms than the NCL Spirit. We are sticking with Carnival!

been on 2 RCL in the last year..Been on CCL 12 times in 16 months. Each has a diff product..pro and cons for each IMHO..but never have a bad time. Have traveled on many other lines as well..the cruising world has changes in the last few years from the "old days"..go wid da flow tho

Ok looking foward to my experience

We've only cruised on Carnival and NCL - and comparing to NCL, Carnival's food is MUCH MUCH better and we found the staff much friendlier. Carnival also has bigger, more comfortable rooms than the NCL Spirit. We are sticking with Carnival!

Good to hear. Thank you for your post

I've cruised RCL and HAL and Carnival. Both my husband and I consider Carnival to be the best line. Food is much better and in the buffet restaurants the staff bus the tables so quickly that you never have to walk around and around and around trying to find a table. The staff also seem much more friendly. So I would prefer to cruise Carnival....even IF they cost more...but they are so reasonable!!

I've cruised RCL and HAL and Carnival. Both my husband and I consider Carnival to be the best line. Food is much better and in the buffet restaurants the staff bus the tables so quickly that you never have to walk around and around and around trying to find a table. The staff also seem much more friendly. So I would prefer to cruise Carnival....even IF they cost more...but they are so reasonable!!

Thank you for post. Have you been on the Freedom class of RCL?

I think ccl overall in its pricing is a great deal for the buck.

You will enjoy it more with your employee discount!

Yes I will! It kills me booking all these cruises. Then when I book a great deal I write it down.

We cruised RCL about 6 years ago and went back to Carnival. The kids really missed the 24/7 ice cream and pizza. We also thought the shows on Carnival were better.

The Freedom of the Seas had 24/7 pizza and ice cream but how did your kids like Camp Carnival?

I found the food and shows much better on Carnival. The shows are much more professional. I never liked having to sign a release for my kids every time they wanted to do something on RCL. RCL ships have a nicer promenade than Carnival.

thank you for the info

thank you for the info

Could someone post which Carnival ships are in what category and what their debut year was? I could have sworn I read it in some other post but for the life of me I can't find it now. :confused:

Thanks!

Chereya

Do they charge you extra for the "more activities" on RCL or do you mean it is charged in the xtra cost? (I have never cruised RCL.. just wondering)

In a word "no". There is no extra charge for things like rock climbing, ice skating, in line skating, Flowrider or any of the other activities. You have a choice of free ice cream in the Windjammer of you can pay for Ben and Jerry's. You can have free coffee in the Windjammer/Cafe Promenade/Seaview Cafe or you can buy the Seattles Best in Lattetudes. You can have free hamburgers in the WJ or pay for them in Johnny Rockets. RCI charges no more for this stuff than Carnival does. The only place that RCI does not give free is cappuccino's in the dining room after dinner.

Could someone post which Carnival ships are in what category and what their debut year was? I could have sworn I read it in some other post but for the life of me I can't find it now. :confused:

Thanks!

Chereya

Fantasy 1990

Ecstasy 1991

Sensation 1993

Fascination 1994

Imagination 1995

Inspiration 1996

Elation 1998

Paradise 1998

Celebration 1987

Holiday 1985