Cruise Cocktails

Deeliteful

This has probably been done before but here goes anyway! Do you have a favourite cruise cocktail? Do you stick to what you drink at home or do you try new cocktails?

My favourite is a Bloody Mary, however last year on the Legend I decided to go for the Vodka Martinis - well the first two days anyway after that I left them well alone!:eek:

Looking forward to my first cruise cocktail on the Century at the end of the month.... now what will that be?..:rolleyes:

I'm a big Vodka tonic drinker--and I tend to stick with what I like! (That, and beer!) I will have the occassional frozen thing at the pool some afternoons, but you can't really drink alot of them--too sweet. Why waste your dollars on something you may not like when you can get what you want? Once you start with a drink, it's not a good idea to go switching around!

My tip to you, if you like fruity things..... Try a Kiss on the lips. Someone on the boards told me to try one and when I was laying out on the deck by the pool I always had one. Now when I was in the clubs or dinner or something and wanted a drink I would stick with my rum and coke or beer. But that's just me....

HAPPY CRUISING!!!!

Thanks Cindy - what's in the Kiss on the Lips?

On the Legend we had one of the executives from Miami on board - can't remember his name and he was such a great guy! - and he got our barman to make us several cocktails.

Chocolate cake was one - shot glass with 50/50 Frangelico and Vodka plus lemon pieces and sugar on the side. You dip the lemon into the sugar, bite into it, keep the juices in your mouth and drink the shot. And yes it tastes just like chocolate cake! Great fun to see people's faces as they "got" the taste.

He also introduced me to Mandarin Absolut over ice topped with Cranberry Juice - can't remember the name of that one but I still drink it - lovely stuff!

I had to search the net to get it, but after just 2.2 seconds, I found it :) Here ya go! Hope that helps.

Kiss on the Lips recipe

This drink recipe is one of the bigger hits on Carnival Cruise Lines. It seems like every person who tries it comes back with a mission to find the recipe. :o) Quantities are an estimate, adjust to taste.

1 - 1 1/2 oz peach schnapps

4 - 6 oz frozen mango mix

1 tbsp grenadine syrup

The mango mix should be blended with crushed ice firstly with the schnapps. Pour the schnapps and mango mix into a cocktail glass with the grenadine already placed at the bottom.

• 3 weeks later...

Comment about the cesear. This is one of my favorite cocktails when on holiday but on our first cruise which was on the Celebrity Infinity, Alaska round trip Vancouver (we are from Vancouver) I was told I couldn't get one because they only served bloody Mary's, which is tomato juice instead of Clamato. So when we went on Mexican Rivera cruise last year on Dawn Princess I didn't ask for one the entire trip. On the last night we we sitting at the bar (after several other kinds of drinks) and we were talking to the bartender Sally (whom not only was a great staff member but also a great singer) and mentioned that one of my favorite drinks was a cesaer but didn't serve them on the US cruise routes. At which time she informed me, after being on the ship for 11 days that they did indeed serve Cesaers on this ship. I then of course proceeded to have a 'few'.

We are cruising Alaska again on May 18 on the Celebrity Mercury and would like some insight regarding whether I will be able to get a Cesaer on this ship.

Not a big deal in the scheme of things but if you know would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When sailing to Jamaica I ALWAYS order a Dirty Banana on the island. I have yet to find a ship that can make it quite like the bartenders at the Sandals resorts.

However, 98% of the time I'm a Coors Light girl. Once I go off course too much or for two long I am on cabin lockdown for a day or so. LOL

I had to search the net to get it, but after just 2.2 seconds, I found it :) Here ya go! Hope that helps.

Kiss on the Lips recipe

This drink recipe is one of the bigger hits on Carnival Cruise Lines. It seems like every person who tries it comes back with a mission to find the recipe. :o) Quantities are an estimate, adjust to taste.

1 tbsp grenadine syrup

The mango mix should be blended with crushed ice firstly with the schnapps. Pour the schnapps and mango mix into a cocktail glass with the grenadine already placed at the bottom.

I am posting a picture of the KISS ON THE LIPS .... enjoy !!

KissontheLipsFANTASY.jpg.56bcae6783563f0ce11487dd7f815f3a.jpg

Generally I'm a wine drinker at home, but on cruises I tend to drink pina coladas, beer or bloody marys... I've never tried the caesar but now I'm intrigued... it's the same as a bloody mary but with clamato instead of tomato juice? Is it fishy tasting?

Generally I'm a wine drinker at home, but on cruises I tend to drink pina coladas, beer or bloody marys... I've never tried the caesar but now I'm intrigued... it's the same as a bloody mary but with clamato instead of tomato juice? Is it fishy tasting?

Not at all, clamato juice is tomato juice with clam broth and spices but it doesn't taste fishy, and its consistency is a bit thinner than tomato juice. Caesars, like the bloody mary's have the worcestershire, tabasco, vodka, lemon and caesars rim the glasses with celery salt, the times I've had a bloody mary they havent done that. Some people add extra to their caesars like horseradish or a secret ingredient anything to make it extra spicy.

It is very tasty, it is my favorite drink.

Kiss on the Lips recipe

1 tbsp grenadine syrup

I think i had this on my last cruise but I couldn't recall the name. Thanks for your help.

Archived