Possible Southern Intin. Group Cruise Sept '09

MarysMom

Theres been a lot of talk on the other other thread about loving the itinerary but not loving the spring break time frame. Ive contacted the group department about starting a group for Sept '09 Victory.

Id love to get a list started so we can see what exactly ere dealing with. Ive wanted to do this route or so long and I'm expecting some pretty great rates (so keep your fingers crossed!)

Ports include:

San Jaun

St. Thomas

Dominica

Barbados

St. Lucia

Antiqua

St. Kitts

San Jaun

Whos with me??

I'm flexible on the dates. When I sent the email off I said Sometime in Sept and I thought we could take a poll for what works for everyone and when the best rates were available.

Theres been a lot of talk on the other other thread about loving the itinerary but not loving the spring break time frame. Ive contacted the group department about starting a group for Sept '09 Victory.

Id love to get a list started so we can see what exactly ere dealing with. Ive wanted to do this route or so long and I'm expecting some pretty great rates (so keep your fingers crossed!)

Ports include:

San Jaun

St. Thomas

Dominica

Barbados

St. Lucia

Antiqua

St. Kitts

San Jaun

Whos with me??

I'd be interested but only if it is the 9/27/09 sailing :)

Ive contacted the group department about starting a group for Sept '09 Victory.

This appears that you are starting a group on your own and not going thru CC .....which is against rules.....so I've locked this thread......email me if this isn't the case.....Thanks

Are there tricks to getting good airfair into San Juan or certain companies? The prices I'm seeing are way to high.

Try kayak.com and just keep monitoring prices. I have booked air to SJ 3 times from Ohio and never paid more than $250. Now I wasnt able to do non stop, but I always fly in a few days early.

Have a price in mind and when you see a goo price grab it, because it might be gone in a few hours.

When it comes to airfare I live by priceline's name your own price and Yapta.

Only name your own price if you can be lexible with the times! It requires flying in a day early and leaving a day late but its usually worth it and you save more than enough to cover 2 nights at a hotel.

I havent heard anything yet but I have checked the rates on the carnival website and they are FANTASTIC!

Im really hoping for a great rate!

I've seen the Carnival rates too and they are definitely a great deal :) Keep me posted - I'm planning on this itinerary/date range anyway, and a group cruise would just sweeten the plan! :D

I havent heard anything yet but I have checked the rates on the carnival website and they are FANTASTIC!

Im really hoping for a great rate!

You will probably have problems getting a favorable response, without a definite date. Laura usually likes to know exactly when you want to group cruise to be because sometimes group space is limited on certain cruises.

The SoCa cruises attracts tons of groups.

I would suggest you create a poll on this thread and have each week of Sept listed.

REally? Wthe direstions they said be flexible on the dates you could get better rates an bonuses!

Id be happy to nail down a time frame though if you think that would help!

I think his point is that it's very difficult for people to commit based on an open-ended time frame. If you read the earlier responses, everyone is waiting for a specific date before they decide if they are really interested or not. Unfortunately, some people (myself included) cannot just cruise any week. Maybe you could call the TA and see which week(s) give the best rate and then see if those time periods work for everyone else. Or find a week that everyone can go and then check on the group rate.

I'm guessing regardless of which week you pick, the rates would be fairly similar since the base rate is currently the same for all 4 weeks of September and only ~$25 more if you look at the end of August or beginning of October.

Well then so far we have a vote for the first week, one for the 27th and one vote for the begining so Im taking that as the first or second week. DOes anyone else have a specific week that would work best?

Archived