Flight check-in while onboard?

powoct95

Has anyone checked in for their flight after debarkation while onboard? I thought this might make life alittle easier because we have an early afternoon flight. How much does the internet cost to use and does the ship have a printer to print the boarding pass? Please give me all the info you know- Thanks!

Has anyone checked in for their flight after debarkation while onboard? I thought this might make life alittle easier because we have an early afternoon flight. How much does the internet cost to use and does the ship have a printer to print the boarding pass? Please give me all the info you know- Thanks!

Always check-in the night before a flight while onboard.... printers are readily available. As for costs.... that depends on how slow or fast the internet is working on any given ship. I have zipped thru it at times... then fell asleep while waiting on other times !

I believe the internet cafe is only open until midnight on the last night. I did check in from the Legend last year because I bought a computer package to keep in touch with DH and it wasn't bad but I can't remember exactly how much. I had extra time and shared it with a friend too, so they could check in.

I bought an internet package and saved some of the minutes to print the boarding pass online the night before, right between the late dinner and show. The internet cafe was less busy at night around this time. Between signing online, the pages loading and printing the pass, took around ten minutes. I don't know if it has gotten faster.

You can do it. The cost depends on how quick the 'net is when you use it. Without a time plan purchase it's $0.75/min. Printing is $0.35 a page, I think?

To limit the amount of time you need make sure you have your reservation number written out on a piece of paper and bring it with you, saves a bit of time.

I have done this. My opinion, do this only if you are leaving out of a busy and crazy airport like Miami or are on Southwest airlines or only taking carry on. If you have check in, you will need to go to the counter anyways and no need to use your precious late night time and money for this kind of thing.

We have our own business and are working some time on the ship and have to use the internet, so this is a business expense for us.

On our last cruise in October on Spirit you could sign up to have your bags taken for you and get your boarding passes from the ship. The cost was $15 per person.

You just put your bags out the last night like normal but you don't see them again until you get to your home airport! Pretty cool~

Not sure if this is available at all ports...but it was in San Diego! Good Luck!

On our last cruise in October on Spirit you could sign up to have your bags taken for you and get your boarding passes from the ship. The cost was $15 per person.

You just put your bags out the last night like normal but you don't see them again until you get to your home airport! Pretty cool~

Not sure if this is available at all ports...but it was in San Diego! Good Luck!

Valet service. Don't do this if you are trying to get off and meet someone who has a different disembarkment color/time than you do. If you want to disembark with others and they can't do the valet service (some airlines don't participate in it), get the same disembarkment tags/time as everyone else. Also, it was a later disembarkment time. Don't do valet if you have an earlier flight to catch.

I signed up for valet, so we didn't have our bags to worry about and could help my parents. Their airline did not particiate, so they couldn't sign up for valet. Valet people disembark together, but cannot disembark with the other tags, they are all excorted off. At least that is how it was on RCCI, Freedom of the Seas.

I know if you are flying southwest, you can have a family member or a friend who is at home check in for you. Give them your info and they can do it up to 24 hrs. ahead. Then when you get to the airport just print your boarding pass. Ive done it for dh when he is on business trips.

How do you check in by your cell phone? Not trying to sound stupid. Is it as simple as calling American Airlines? Never heard of this. We have an early flight and I was planning on printing passes nite before. Now you say either call ahead or have someone check us in at home and print boarding pass at airport. Would that not be the same as waiting in line if you still have to print your pass or is there another place to do this?????

I bought the internet package the first day on the Triumph and got the extra bonus minutes for signing up early.

We printed out boarding passes the night before, 50 cents a page. But well worth it.

I did this from the Destiny in Puerto Rico and checked 4 people in at 6am the day of the flight (delta). I had no trouble, went through in a few minutes (had 10 minutes left on my plan to use for this), and printed out the pages. It was so quick and easy. I would recommend it.

I dont know which airline you are flying but if its southwest then yes you can have someone do it from home the day before. Just give them your confirmation number, name for all on reservation and then you can print it from one of the kiosks there or when you check your luggage. If it is aa then I dont know how it works. sorry. If you dont feel comfortable doing that, then just do it from internet on ship.

not sure about this. print the boarding passes and if you have no luggage to check in do you just go through security? How does the airline ACTUALLY know your there?

Not sure by what you mean by "there".

Your checked in - no different then checking in at the counter. Your boarding pass is processed at the gate when you board so they know you are on the plane.

If you have a flight scheduled for the day you disembark or debark as some call it I would without hesitation check in and print those boarding passes out the evening before. If your flight changes which they often do you will want to know before you head to the airport as this could be the difference between making the flight and missing it. Airlines are not like they used to be when you had flights and could be fairly certain that your times would not change. In the past we've had a friend keeping an eye out for us but our cell phone is off for the entire cruise. This was no big deal since we were staying overnight in Miami for the extra night. On our next cruise we are flying home the same day. We are also flying Southwest this time so I want to check in as soon as they allow the 24 hour check in. The cost is less than $10 in most cases so it's well worth it for us to do the pay as you go service and have that peace of mind. :)

Carnival now has luggage express. It worked great. For $15 a person you can check up to 2 bags per person(not sure what you do if you're only allowed 1 bag by the airline, we were allowed 2, and they are taken directing to the airport, put on the plane, and arrive at your final destination airport. You can only do this on certain airlines, ones I can think of AA, NWA, Delta, Us Air, United, maybe others. I know they have this available to MIA and FLL from the Port of Miami.They also print your boarding passes for you. You get special luggage tags and have to put the suitcases out the night before. When you think of all the tipping opportunities you miss and the ease at the airport, no bags at the terminal or customs, this was the best$30 we sent

How do you check in by your cell phone? Not trying to sound stupid. Is it as simple as calling American Airlines? Never heard of this. We have an early flight and I was planning on printing passes nite before. Now you say either call ahead or have someone check us in at home and print boarding pass at airport. Would that not be the same as waiting in line if you still have to print your pass or is there another place to do this?????

You need a cell phone that is Internet capable for AA, I believe.

If you are checking luggage, you need to stand in line anyway. If not, some airlines have stand alone check-in machines located somewhere around the security checkpoint and maybe other locations. Call AA for the locations at the airport you are interesting in. Might as well ask them if you can check-in via regular phone, but I think not. The whole point from the airline standpoint is to have an all electronic system and take people out of the loop as much as possible.

Not sure by what you mean by "there".

Your checked in - no different then checking in at the counter. Your boarding pass is processed at the gate when you board so they know you are on the plane.

I just meant the airport. We can cjheck in 24 hours ahead of time so just wondered if they needed to keep count for stand-by. I guess they fill the plane and then do it.

Archived