How do you check-in for flight onboard?

powoct95

Please tell me if you have checked-in for your flight home while onboard. I was wondering if the ship has a printer so you can print your boarding pass. Does this make it easier? We will be going to FLL and have an early afternoon flight and thought we'd be able to get the luggage dropped and get to security quick. What are your thoughts?

Yes, you can check in onboard the ship, and most ships do have printers available.

Be aware though that if you have to check bags it isn't going to help you get through check-in and security quicker at FLL. You'll still have to stand in line to check your bags. Also, FLL only allows you to check in bags a certain amount of time before your flight. Most airlines it's 3 hours, some airlines it's two hours.

Thanks for the info. I am a rare packer...we will actually both have a suitcase that we can use as a carry-on. 10x16x24 are the limits and ours are exact! We pack light so we can zip straight to security...no bags to check. It's a tight squeeze sometimes but for a 6day cruise no problem. Hubby's shoes are the worst, I wish he had smaller feet. I allow him a pair he wears, and a dress pair for dining. So now I know I can get the boarding pass on the ship, it will go very smooth!

If you have someone reliable at home, you can have them go online and checkin for you, then you can reprint the boarding pass from the kiosk at the airport. You will find the internet cafe very busy that last day as it seems everyone wants to checkin for their flights. The connection is slow as it is, and waiting for the passes to print at 50 cents per minute can get frustrating to some people as well.

10x16x24 are the limits and ours are exact!

I'd check that against your particular airline. For example, DL states:

Fits easily in our SizeCheck® unit (approximately 22"x14"x9")

NW says:

Cannot exceed 45 linear inches (9 inches by 14 inches by 22 inches)

UA says:

Carry-on bag dimensions should not be more than 9" x 14" x 22" (length + width + height) or 45 linear inches (the length, height and width added together).

And so on....just so you know that you might very well get turned away, especially since the new baggage charges are going to put "stress" on the carryon situation, and gate agents and FA's will likely be much stricter than in the past, IMO.

• 8 months later...
If you have someone reliable at home, you can have them go online and checkin for you, then you can reprint the boarding pass from the kiosk at the airport. You will find the internet cafe very busy that last day as it seems everyone wants to checkin for their flights. The connection is slow as it is, and waiting for the passes to print at 50 cents per minute can get frustrating to some people as well.

See? I did a search...aren't you all proud of me? lol :D

Please pardon my ignorance and keep the chuckles quiet so I can't hear them. ;) I have a quick question about doing this.

I was going to have my Mom check us in online (Delta) so that I didn't have to buy internet time and printed pages on the ship. To reprint the boarding pass at the kiosk, is that the same machine you swipe your passport into? You just need the reservation number to access your boarding pass on the kiosk, correct?

Thanks! :)

got the actual sizes I quoted you from the site for SWA. I thought that was alittle small compared to airtran. But we can still squeeze everything if it means no lines at the check-in desk.

Since this is SW you are talking about I'd make sure I got my boarding pass completed on the ship! We were on the Liberty in April and flew out of FLL on Southwest. As soon as the 24 hour check in time opened we were in the internet cafe on the ship. I was actually there about 10 minutes early to allow myself time to set up my account as I do not use the internet during our cruise. There were only a few people in there using the computers and they were doing the same thing. I had no problems and got our passes all printed out. Some of the others in the cafe couldn't get theirs so I was happy to do them for them.

Now when we arrived at the FLL airport Southwest had long lines. The kiosiks had long lines. For this reason I would defintly print those passes out and check in on the ship. The security line was the longest I've ever been in and snaked around the corner and down a long hall. It was the longest check in and security check we've ever had. Makes sense since it's a smaller airport and alot of cruisers flying home that day. Just leave yourself some wiggle room for time.

See? I did a search...aren't you all proud of me? lol :D

Please pardon my ignorance and keep the chuckles quiet so I can't hear them. ;) I have a quick question about doing this.

I was going to have my Mom check us in online (Delta) so that I didn't have to buy internet time and printed pages on the ship. To reprint the boarding pass at the kiosk, is that the same machine you swipe your passport into? You just need the reservation number to access your boarding pass on the kiosk, correct?

Thanks! :)

You are correct. You should also be able to access your reservation with a frequent flier number or with the credit card you bought the flights with.

Archived