Princess (Crown) or RCI (Liberty of the Seas) - Which is better all-around??

mrs cruise

Please help me choose. I think I have it narrowed to 2 based on 2009 spring break sail dates, both Caribbean itineraries sailing from FL.

Princess goes to: Princess Cays, St. Maarten,St. Thomas, Grand Turk

RCI goes to: Labadee, Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Are there any big differences between the 2 companies this first timer should know about as far as (1) food/dining quality (2) kids programs (3) itineraries?

Which do you think is best for parents (celebrating 20th) and 2 DDs 13 & 10?

I'm leaning toward RCI b/c of the rockwall & ice rink for kids, and always wanted to go to Cozumel & Caymans . . . RCI looks more expensive, by maybe $1000. Worth it? What do you think?

Thank you for any opinions.

Liberty of the Seas is different than anything you are ever going to see on any other cruiseline. The freedom class ships were created to be super family friendly and innovative.

The Liberty has the H20 zone water park, the Flowrider (surfing), the Adult only solarium with centilver hot tubs hanging over the side of the ship, the ice skating (with ice shows), rock climbing, golf, and the Promenade (has actual parades).

This site has pictures of both ships, the Freedom of the Seas (looks just like Liberty) and the Crown

http://www.thepreismans.com/

Thanks again Crusinmama06! :)

That website is incredible. The Freedom of the Seas is amazing - and LOS is the same? I've been reading reviews and descriptions, but a picture really is worth a thousand words. I think we're sold.

Thanks again Crusinmama06! :)

That website is incredible. The Freedom of the Seas is amazing - and LOS is the same? I've been reading reviews and descriptions, but a picture really is worth a thousand words. I think we're sold.

Yes FOS and LOS are EXACTLY the same. The only difference is the bedspread accent colors...lol. Freedom is green, Liberty is blue. That doesn't change things for ya does it? :p ;)

And you're right about that site. I didn't even know some of the things that they have about Freedom. Like the scuba diving lessons in the sports pool, I had NO idea. :eek: Very cool.

Archived