1st meal on NCL sun...???

kmavb

Confused as to the meal options for lunch on the day of embarkation on NCL sun. I think our ship will depart at 5pm. So I'm wanting to board the ship early...and relax with a nice meal. Will one of the main dining rooms be open for lunch...or will the buffet only be open? Does anyone know? I'd prefer a main dining room.

The main dining room may be available; but, you are already setting yourself up to be disappointed if it isn't. The buffet is good and you can relax there too. Take your plate outside and enjoy!

Will one of the main dining rooms be open for lunch...or will the buffet only be open? Does anyone know? I'd prefer a main dining room.
I've always known one of the main dining rooms to be open. But personal experience and the reported experience of others is that (for some unknown reason) the staff there do their utmost to try to persuade you that you'd prefer the buffet. But the dining room is open, and it's a great place to have lunch on that first day - as, indeed, on any other day.

In my "vast" experience with NCL--all of two cruises--we ate lunch in the main dining on embarkation both times. It was not a problem and we never encountered any staff members trying to steer us away.

Yup, as others have said, the Seven Seas will be open for lunch on embarkation day. There will be lots of employee's around, helping to guide people around the ship. If they direct you to the buffet, just smile and tell them you are dining in the Seven Seas instead...they will have no problem with it.

kmavb -

I highly recommend the outside serving station of the buffet aft on the fantail. Walk around the bar and take your food up one level. There are a couple of tables under the awning, our favorite place on the Sun.

88682913_AboveCafe-s.jpg.7f59104a9c4dab48cffa8c9ed215a89b.jpg

Archived