A-Z vs Peat Taylor....Can you help?

woods5986

Peat is cheaper than A-Z for the same type of trip. We want to go to Dunn's River, Fern Gully and the Park..can't think of the name of that! With everyone commenting about Peat and A-Z if it just came down to the dollar differential - with 13 of us it would be around $100- would you go with Peat or A-Z? Don't know if the particulars are important - but - 10 adults and 3 young children (6,7 & 9) 3 of the adults won't be climbing the falls.

Thanks

Barb

Both tour companies have a great reputation. If you are reserving the entire bus, I would go with the one that costs less. A) Make sure that tour operator is available with a large enough airconditioned vehicle for your date. B) Those folks who don't wish to climb the falls have the option of walking along side down and up a terraced cement stair case with many overlooks. There is a beach at the bottom too where they can relax with the little ones. Also, don't forget to tip your driver and guide if a different person.

Bon Voyage

• 3 weeks later...

We are just back from our Cruise with the Dawn Princess (Oct 4) and we booked a tour with A-Z. Tourguide was Oscar , great guy. It was like a VIP-Tour as my wife and myself were the only ones on that day who booked A-Z.

Oscar was waiting right at the pier for us and we had no problem finding him.

He took us to the water falls (climbing was a really great experience), fern gully and to white river. He stopped several times and showed us his jamaica.

I too recommend A-Z. Email Belinda and let her know what options you are considering. She is very accommodating and I believe will make $$ adjustments to book your group tour. Also, if you need time to shop, a place to eat, etc. they will also make safe and fine recommendations getting you back to the ship in time!

Bon Voyage

We booked a group tour with Peat and he did a great job. He made sure that everyone got the tour they wanted. We were in small bus with penty of room. He took us right to the falls so we were able to beat the crowd. Then we went to Fern Gully. Everywhere we went people knew Peat and they were waving and yelling "hi" to him. Peat told us a lot of jokes and he sang a few songs too. It was a tour and entertainment. Some people wanted to leave the tour to shop and he dropped them off early- no problem. It was a great day and well worth the money.

Archived