Anchorage to Whittier Question?

luvtacruise27

We are arriving in Anchorage 1 day before our cruise out of Whittier. We will stay overnight at a hotel in downtown Anchorage. What is the best way to get to the port from Anchorage in the a.m.? I have a large group going and they are relying on me to tell them what to do. HELP please!:eek:

Thanks,

luvtacruise27

P.S. I heard someone talking about a railroad ride. Anyone know what that's all about?

There's a daily train that leaves downtown Anchorage at 10:00 a.m. and arrives in Whittier at 12:35 p.m. The price is $60/adults and $30/kids: http://www.alaskarailroad.com/arrc18.html#12 Some people in your group might be interested in taking a 4-hour Prince William Sound glacier cruise from 1:30-5:30 before your ship sails later that evening: http://www.princewilliamsound.com/580.cfm

Or you can try www.alaskanleopard.com. I am told they have an amusing tour shuttle to the ship for about $54! They also do a shuttle first thing in the morning for $19 with no tour but you get there about 3 hours before embarkation begins and there is no luggage storage.

Personally, I am opting for the $19 trip cause I am a little cheap :eek: and kind of adventurous and travelling alone so I don't have to hear anyone complain!

Another option is to purchase transfers from Princess....they pick up at one of the hotels in Anchorage.

Archived