Arriving in Rome at 9AM

We will have one day/night in Rome pre-cruise, arriving at 9AM. Assuming we can leave our luggage at our hotel, any suggestions about what 2 jet-lagged, sleep deprived tourists should spend the day doing before checking in?
We're staying at the Hotel Exedra, near Termini, supposedly 15 mins. walk to Trevi Ftn., Pantheon, or Forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trixie54:
We will have one day/night in Rome pre-cruise, arriving at 9AM. Assuming we can leave our luggage at our hotel, any suggestions about what 2 jet-lagged, sleep deprived tourists should spend the day doing before checking in?
We're staying at the Hotel Exedra, near Termini, supposedly 15 mins. walk to Trevi Ftn., Pantheon, or Forum.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since no one replied I will give it a try.When you get to your hotel ask if your room is ready and with any luck you will be able to check in.If you can check in then unpack,take a short nap(no more than 15/20 minutes),freshen up and get outside after picking up a good map at the front desk, and start walking.If you can't check in do check you bags,see if they have a room where you can freshen up and then get out(get said map) and walk to see sights.Stop for a nice luncheon,stay out as much as you can.About 7 or so have a light dinner,walk around some more or check in if need be,and do NOT go to bed until 9/10 no matter how tired you are.The next day you will be fine. Set your watch on Rome time the minute you get on the plane.Try sleeping on plane if possible as well even for a short time.The idea of staying out in the light and keeping active during that first day will help set your body clock much faster.Have a great cruise as well as enjoy your visit to Rome.

Karen
Ü

Trixie54,
Do everything Karen says and you should be fine. We are also staying at the Exedra for 4 nights before our April 22 cruise........sounds like a fabulous hotel!!
Have a great trip!
Diana

I too agree with Karen. We always arrive in Europe first thing in the morning around 6.30am as that is the time our plane schedules work from here. We always have had a 24-30 hour plane trip so our body clock is way out of cinque.

We always check into the hotel first and usually manage to get our room. We do not have a sleep or nap, but have a shower and then have a proper breakfast.

We then start walking. Being out in the sunlight is the best thing for your body clock to adjust to the new time. Rome is such an easy city to walk and you will cover quite a bit in that day. The first time we were in Rome we went over Castille St. Angelo, saw St. Peter's, walked to the Spanish steps and to the Trevi Fountain.

We try to have a very early dinner - around 6pm. This is hard in Rome as most restaurants do not open until after 7pm. We go to bed around 7pm and have a wonderful 12 hour sleep. Next morning we are fine and our body clock has adjusted.

We have done this for the past 11 years and it never fails. Have a wonderful trip.

Jennie

The next cruise is always the best!

3RD OCTOBER, 2004 PRINSENDAM
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0200[/img]

Grazie for all your suggestions, I feel much better! Pebbles - could you email me your e-dress? I am eager to hear how your experience staying at Exedra is, as we don't go until Sept. Mine is: [email]Waterbug1@comcast.net[/email]

Thanks to all of you for the great tip on beating jet lag. I also take something called No Jet Lag which is homeopathic and was recommended by the flight crew on our flight to New Zealand. It seemed to work wonders as long as you followed the regime. I've taken it now twice on flights heading east and it makes a world of difference.

1972 - Song of Norway, Caribbean
1980 - Hawaii American Curise line, Tahiti
09/01/2002 - Veendam, Alaska
05/29/2003 - Pacific Princess, Alaska
11/26/2003 - Star Princess, Australia/New Zealand

5/28/2004 - Star Princess, Venice to Barcelona
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;05;28;21;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

11/06/2004 - Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;06;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Archived