Liberty Cabin 9704

Still hoping someone out there has an answer for me!

Hi Vicki -

We will be in 9404 on next week's sailing. This is the same cabin type and balcony as 9704, but on the starboard side.

We will post pics as soon as we return.

Sorry we can't help sooner.

Anyone sail in this cabin recently? DD and I have it on our upcoming Liberty cruise. Can you tell me what kind of furniture was on the balcony? Two chairs? A lounger?

Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

We were in 9706 on Freedom a few months ago. Balcony for 9708 had the standard table and 2 chairs, plus 2 chaise lounges. I looked through my photos, but unfortunately I don't have the photo I took of 9708's balcony on this computer. I'll look when I get home. Here are a few other photos of the aft area on Freedom:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562094587otFVZK?vhost=good-times

Will

I should have kept looking.... I forgot that Bonnie Voyager had several aft photos up on her album:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2816765530036355651xJZGUC?vhost=travel

This is Cabin 1700 on Deck 10 (directly above 9708). From what I could tell, the balconies are similar.

Let me know if you have any more questions. We loved Freedom and can't wait to do Liberty in September.

Will

Will, thanks for sharing your pictures. I especially loved the one taken at sunrise/sunset.

Craig & Jack, I eagerly await your report. Hope you have a wonderful cruise and a great time with the other "lushes".

Will, thanks for sharing your pictures. I especially loved the one taken at sunrise/sunset.

Craig & Jack, I eagerly await your report. Hope you have a wonderful cruise and a great time with the other "lushes".

Thanks Vicki!

I should have kept looking.... I forgot that Bonnie Voyager had several aft photos up on her album:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2816765530036355651xJZGUC?vhost=travel

This is Cabin 1700 on Deck 10 (directly above 9708). From what I could tell, the balconies are similar.

Let me know if you have any more questions. We loved Freedom and can't wait to do Liberty in September.

Will

I think you meant to say 9704, not 9708. But anyway, I just wanted to point out that 1700 and 9704 are not similar balconies at all. 1700 is a very large balcony that is mostly shady. 9704 is the smallest aft balcony that is mostly sunny (but still larger than a side balcony). To the original poster, 9704/9404 on Freedom-class ships correspond to 9390/9690 on Voyager-class ships so search for photos of those cabins to see what you are getting. But I believe the balconies for 9390/9690 typically have two chairs and one lounger and a small table.

I think you meant to say 9704, not 9708. But anyway, I just wanted to point out that 1700 and 9704 are not similar balconies at all. 1700 is a very large balcony that is mostly shady. 9704 is the smallest aft balcony that is mostly sunny (but still larger than a side balcony). To the original poster, 9704/9404 on Freedom-class ships correspond to 9390/9690 on Voyager-class ships so search for photos of those cabins to see what you are getting. But I believe the balconies for 9390/9690 typically have two chairs and one lounger and a small table.

Bonnie,

You're right- I meant 9704. I noticed it immediately, but it wouldn't let me edit the post to correct it. I didn't realize the 9704 balcony was so much smaller that 1700. I did remember the difference in sunlight from the Windjammer overhang but forgot to mention that. The only thing that I remember differently though, was that there were 2 chaise lounges on the 9704 balcony in August when we went, but that's not to say that they both belonged there. (The two ladies staying in 9704 were related to the family staying in FS 9708 on our other side so I guess they could have easily borrowed from them, as they both sunbathed on the balcony to avoid the crowd on the pool deck.) Anyway, thanks for the info! We're headed on Liberty in September of this year and I know we'll miss our aft balcony. (There are 10 of us going, so we had to take cabins 9670-9678 instead.) At least we can open the dividers between the cabins.

Have a great day!

Will

Sunbathing on the balcony is exactly what I am trying to accomplish - especially while I wait for DD to wake up. I have been looking at all the pictures I can find, but couldn't really tell if there was a lounger. The ones I've found have just seem to show the tops of two "regular" chairs. I just hoped that someone could tell me.

Bonnie, I saw the pictures you have of 9404 on the Freedom and really appreciate your having posted them. We booked this cruise late and I am excited that an aft came available at all. (I did keep checking and got lucky.) I am fairly new to "happily ever aft-ering", but I am doing my best to catch up with corner afts booked for all my upcoming cruises. I just love the feeling of having our own space away from the crowd when I want to be away from the crowd and I am hooked on wake watching.

Will, thanks for mentioning the two loungers on the Freedom. That gives me hope.

Sunbathing on the balcony is exactly what I am trying to accomplish - especially while I wait for DD to wake up. I have been looking at all the pictures I can find, but couldn't really tell if there was a lounger. The ones I've found have just seem to show the tops of two "regular" chairs. I just hoped that someone could tell me.

Will, thanks for mentioning the two loungers on the Freedom. That gives me hope.

Vicki, I think you will have at least one lounger on your balcony, but in the unlikely event that you don't, just request that one be brought down for you from your Cabin Steward. I have heard of folks doing this with success (and I've also heard of some folks being refused, but you won't know if you don't try, right? ;) )

Bonnie:

Do you think 9404 on Freedom has a lounge chair... I have been looking for an answer but cannot find it.

...and you really won't find the answer until you get there. Some folks have had lounge chairs on their deck 9 aft/corner balconies and some folks have not. Like I told Vicki above, if it isn't there when you arrive, ask your cabin steward if it is possible to get one. The worst that will happen is they may say "no".

Is it a bigger balcony than what a side cabin would have?

Yes, it does have a bigger balcony than a side cabin of the same category and it is a nice view as well! The cabin is nice too with a neat large round porthole window large enough to sit in! :D

I have seen your pictures of this cabin, but it is hard to judge how deep it is!

Thanks so much. We have Freedom/9404 booked for June! Cant wait!

We are in 9404 on Liberty in two more days - we'll post a pic of the cabin & balcony as soon as we return.

• 2 weeks later...

We've just returned from our Liberty cruise. As promised, attached is a link to our pics of Cabin 9404's balcony, which will be the same of 9704.

It is a nice cabin. It has a large porthole, big enough to sit in, and a door. The balcony has a lounger, two chairs and a small table. There is a support beam the runs close to the divider but it never presented a problem for us.

Motion didn't seem any worse in this cabin than any others we've had.

There is a door right next to the cabin that is a stairway that will take you straight to your muster station - pretty handy to avoid crowds.

We are in the process of uploading a ton of pics of the ship, but for now, here are some cabin & balcony pics:

All cabin 9404 pics: http://travel.webshots.com/album/563160874lZgENQ

2436354760046097424S600x600Q85.jpg

2167757220046097424S600x600Q85.jpg

2130184270046097424S600x600Q85.jpg

Bless you, bless you, bless you! I come in from working in the yard - so mentally ready to be cruising - and here are your pictures. The balcony is bigger than I thought it would be and, lo and behold, there's a beautiful lounge chair. I was ready to go before, but now, I am totally psyched!

I hope you guys had a great cruise. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of your pictures.

P.S. Loved the one of the towel animal in the window.

Bless you, bless you, bless you! I come in from working in the yard - so mentally ready to be cruising - and here are your pictures. The balcony is bigger than I thought it would be and, lo and behold, there's a beautiful lounge chair. I was ready to go before, but now, I am totally psyched!

I hope you guys had a great cruise. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of your pictures.

P.S. Loved the one of the towel animal in the window.

We were happy to help - hope you have a great time!

Archived