Horizon Court vs Cafe Caribe??

emilymad

I am new to Princess and am sailing on the CB in a few weeks. I am very confused by the mention of the Horizon court and Cafe Caribe. What is the difference? Different food? Also, is there a place to get soda with the soda card in the buffet or do you need to go somewhere else? Thanks for your help! :)

During breakfast, Cafe Caribe is basically a third buffet option, serving the same stuff as Horizon Court. Then later on, they offer different "themes" (like Oriental, or Mexican) on various days at various times. It also serves as the late night buffet, and Horizon Court is closed then.

On the Caribbean Princess we had waiters that came around if you wanted a soda. There is also a bar located right outside the horizon Court area.

-

We found the cafe offered basic food for breakfast=- less crowded. Hoprizon Court offered more choices and with the way the line forms (there is none) could be more crowded.

For Dinner the Cafe was opened and Horizon court was shut down.

I agree that the Cafe Caribe was a good alternate breakfast option, but did not offer the same foods as the Horizon Court. More of a lighter breakfast. But for lunch and dinner, it seemed to take the place of the Horizon Court and had many different themed nights for dinner when the HC was closed.

I guess it depends on what people consider a lighter breakfast, but what we got from Cafe Caribe the mornings we ate there, which was most of them, considering our aft cabin location, was scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, toast, bagels, sausage, bacon, fruit, juice, cereal, milk, tea. There was also meats, cheeses, rolls, muffins, pastries. I didn't really notice any difference to what Horizon Court was offering, other than maybe HC had larger quantities.

I guess it depends on what people consider a lighter breakfast, but what we got from Cafe Caribe the mornings we ate there, which was most of them, considering our aft cabin location, was scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, toast, bagels, sausage, bacon, fruit, juice, cereal, milk, tea. There was also meats, cheeses, rolls, muffins, pastries. I didn't really notice any difference to what Horizon Court was offering, other than maybe HC had larger quantities.

when we sailed the cafe only had one meat where the horizon court did all the meats. Horizon court had lox & bagels. those eggs benidicts, over easy eggs, sunny eggs. among other kind of offerings.

Cafe only had EITHER pancakes or french toast where the horizon court had them both.

Cafe is not as big as the horizon court so it cant hold as much.

cafe caribe

http://family.webshots.com/photo/1483371122059998122LjBjiq

horizon court

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1130695526047401376kjiIpC

We found exactly what serene56 did. The Cafe Caribe had a limited menu compared to the HC for breakfast. Yes, there are still many items to choose from, but if you want a wide variety of many different breakfast items, especially hot items, the HC has a much better variety.

Archived