Latest time to leave?

tayl

If all has gone well, and the ship has arrived on time, they try to get all the passengers off the ship by 9:30. That way the crew and work on getting the ship reading for the next passengers.

New passengers can not begin to embark until the ship has been cleared - and that includes intransit passengers who have to, in some ports, go through immigration as well.

You mean after they find you hiding under your bed, drag you out from under it, pry your fingers from the doorframe and haul you off kicking and screaming, "but I don't want to leave?"

I thought you were going to keep that hush hush about me:)

A few months ago our flight from San Diego was to leave in the early afternoon. Knowing that our time at the airport would be plenty long, we attempted to be the last ones off.

Another family had the same idea. So several yards from the gangway door our strategy was to walk toward the door, but at a pace that resembled the pouring of cold molasses.

Their strategy was more clever. There was an inviting couch right there at the doorway. They plopped down for a rest. We continued on and got our keycards scanned that one last time.

We got the silver medal. They got the gold.:p

We saw them later at the Delta counter and had a few chuckles over it.

Archived