ShipeShape/Vitality Programs

debt

They are exercise based. examples being, walk a mile, ping pong, mini golf, dance class, volleyball, basketball. There are also educational seminars. Watch your compass for these activities. You may have to do 16+ activities for a t-shirt.

Maybe it's because my kids are little and cute, but the Shipshape coordinators seem to routinely give us much more than what we were entitled to based on the Shipshape dollars we earned. For example, on Grandeur last year, my daughter had only 4 ShipShape dollars -- not the 10 I think she needed for the water bottle she really wanted. Well, we asked anyway and they gave her the water bottle! Last month on Brilliance, we had 8 ShipShape dollars, and the guy was anxious to get rid of stuff so he gave us 10 keychains, 2 lanyards, and 2 water bottles! The bottom line is that they're not very strict about their giveaways so be nice and ask politely, and they'll likely give you more than what the ShipShape earnings chart says! :p

Maybe it's because my kids are little and cute, but the Shipshape coordinators seem to routinely give us much more than what we were entitled to based on the Shipshape dollars we earned. For example, on Grandeur last year, my daughter had only 4 ShipShape dollars -- not the 10 I think she needed for the water bottle she really wanted. Well, we asked anyway and they gave her the water bottle! Last month on Brilliance, we had 8 ShipShape dollars, and the guy was anxious to get rid of stuff so he gave us 10 keychains, 2 lanyards, and 2 water bottles! The bottom line is that they're not very strict about their giveaways so be nice and ask politely, and they'll likely give you more than what the ShipShape earnings chart says! :p

We had a similar experience on Enchantment 2 years ago. Both my DH and I had a few points but barely enough for any prizes. Still we went to collect thinking we could combine points and get something and the guy just started tossing stuff over the counter. I think we got a pen, a keychain and a coffee mug and maybe a t shirt when he was done.

The points needed usually depend upon the length of sailing ... fewer are neede on a 4 day cruise than a 7 day cruise, for example.

I collect them with my family and we try to do quite a few activities, so we usually end up with 20-30 by the end of the cruise (mom and I got 24 total on our last 5 day). On Voyager, the guy at the counter simply said ... what do you want, not how much do you have. Shipshape stuff is being clearanced, so you might be able to get a lot of that stuff.

In general, for longer cruises, I"ve seen keychains at 2, bottles at 10, shirts at 14, and workout backpacks at 16.

Archived