Seattle transportion with toddlers

VPIcruiser

I asked a similar question over on the west coast departion board, but I haven't received any answers yet so I am hoping the family board can help me.

We will be flying into Sea-Tac and staying at the downtown Sheraton. We will have an almost three year old and a one year old with us. We are not planning on taking their carseats. (We usually fly with their carseats but DH doesn't want to take them and all the luggage this time.) My parents are flying with us and my in-laws will fly in that night. So, we need transport for four adults and two toddlers.

How do you recommend we get from the airport to the hotel? My parents are flying with us . So, we need transport for four adults and two toddlers. (My in-laws will take a taxi or the downtown hotel bus that evening when they arrive.)

Limo with carseats, towncar with carseats, if so which company? Or have you taken the bus without carseats?

Please don't flame me, I am only asking for advice and to see if anyone has experience in Seattle with toddlers.

Thanks

I've found the greatest way to get this kind of information is on tripadvisor. You can go to the boards of any specific city and ask, and an expert from that city will often give you all the info you need (this is how I learned how to do the same thing for my twins in London - didn't want to bring car seats just for the ride to/from the airport. I was given many different transportation companies that provide seats.).

Best,

Mia

• 3 weeks later...

Last year we flew into Seattle for our Alaska cruise and had a pre cruise stay at the Westin. We used the Grayline bus to get from SeaTac to the hotel - no carseat needed. However, we used a taxi to get to the ship from the hotel - car seat used. We then used the ship's transfer back to SeaTac after the cruise - no car seat needed. We flew with a 14month old in a car seat in the plane - so we had the seat with us. We only had to use the carseat in the taxi.

we're in the same boat as you and have deicded just to drag along our carseat. I was told if you taek the airporter from SeaTac to a downtown hotel, they require you to have a carseat. You can verify this by asking when you make your reservations..... aAso, taxi's require a carseat as well. Best bet would be a bus or a private limo service as someone has already stated.... Hope you enjoy your cruise.....

We took the airporter - which is the Grayline bus - they put the car seat in the hold with the luggage. There really isn't room on the seats for the car seat and there is no seat belt to fasten it in with anyhow.

We took the airporter - which is the Grayline bus - they put the car seat in the hold with the luggage. There really isn't room on the seats for the car seat and there is no seat belt to fasten it in with anyhow.

Do you know if it stops at the major hotels? We might opt for that and leave the carseat behind....

Do you know if it stops at the major hotels? We might opt for that and leave the carseat behind....

I provided you with a link for the Gray Line in my post.

The Downtown Airporter operates between SeaTac Airport and the Crowne Plaza' date=' Fairmont Olympic, Grand Hyatt Hotel, Hilton Hotel, Madison Renaissance, Seattle Sheraton, Warwick Hotel and Westin Hotel. Ask your hotel front desk staff for details or call Gray Line of Seattle.

[/i']

Using google and reading can be marvelous tools.

We took a limo from the airport to a downtown hotel one year and to the port another. For the five of us it cost me $50.00 including tip. The last time we did that was in 2004. We did not pre-reserve a limo. We simply got one at the airport. I was amazed at the price and the service. Both were great!

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

We took a limo from the airport to a downtown hotel one year and to the port another. For the five of us it cost me $50.00 including tip. The last time we did that was in 2004. We did not pre-reserve a limo. We simply got one at the airport. I was amazed at the price and the service. Both were great!

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Be aware fathercop that in Washington state, this was illegal. State law does not allow executive cars to take stand-and-hail fares. The state's limo law restricts town cars to trips that are prearranged. Any drivers that solict business from the street are violating the law.

In addition breaking the law you are putting your safety at risk. Some recent violations at Seatac included a registered sex offender (who had been denied a taxi license a year earlier) trying to pick up customers, and another, who was driving with a suspended license for reckless driving and was uninsured, was also caught.

Not that hard to make a reservation with a licensed and insured company.

Archived