Anybody Had This Problem??

Hello all, I got my C&A magazine today, and was anxious to see if there were any coupons for our 01/09 sailing on the Rhapsody, and of course there was not. However I also recieved a mailing with a $100 credit if you sail out of Galveston and this one had our sailing. Excitedly I looked over the details, and alas you had to book between 09/24/04 and 11/24/04. I had booked on 09/02. I called RCI and they basically told me that I was out of luck. I called again, and inquired as to why the date limit applied, thinking that mabye rates went up after 09/24 and got the "I cant explain it" answer, but was told that if the rates were the same, I could cancel (without penalty) and re-book and get the $100.00 credit. I decided to go this route, but thought that it was an awful lot of work for RCI to do all that instead of just giving me the credit!!...sorry for the long post!!

Ryan

Rhapsody 08/26/03

Rhapsody 01/09/05

Atleast RCI finds a way to honor the coupon. My TA and I can't get Carnival to honor their sale for a previous booking not even by cancelling and rebooking. She says RCI is always good about someway getting the credit or coupon applied even if it takes rebooking. It's a pain but worth saving the $$$!!

Where did you get the 100 coupon from? We cancelled our May sailing on Rhapsody,and booked Oct on Mariner...But my parents are still booked for May...

Oh,but they booked onboard the week of the 12th,so I guess they would not be able either...Anyway,still interested to know where the 100 coupon came from,

Thanks

Archived