Good reasonable restaurants near Sutton Place

My Dh and myself will be in Vancouver from 5/12 - 5/14 precruise on the Spirit. We got a great deal on Priceline for the Sutton. We need to know some good breakfast and dinner reataurants that won't break the bank. We bought the Entertainment Book and I thought we might eat at the Docksider on Granville Island while we take the Hop On Hop Off Trolley from the hotel. Any info will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My Dh and myself will be in Vancouver from 5/12 - 5/14 precruise on the Spirit. We got a great deal on Priceline for the Sutton. We need to know some good breakfast and dinner reataurants that won't break the bank. We bought the Entertainment Book and I thought we might eat at the Docksider on Granville Island while we take the Hop On Hop Off Trolley from the hotel. Any info will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

There is a Denny's right across the street from the Sutton Place which will serve well for breakfast. The Dockside Restaurant is a marine pub/restaurant and would be a good choice for dinner if you can co-ordinate it with the Trolley's schedule. Otherwise there is a large number of restaurants around the corner from the Sutton on Robson St. I don't know off the top of my head what other restaurants are in the Entertainment book but I know that there are quite a number of pretty good ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion: Use your Griffins coupon for dinner.

The Sutton is very close (maybe 5 -10 mins. walking) to the beautiful Fairmont Hotel on the corner of Hornby & Georgia Street.You have the 2 for 1 coupon for the Griffins Restaurant which is in the Fairmont Hotel. We have used our Entertainment coupon there twice now. (We'll be dining there May 12th again post cruise.) The Griffins has wonderful food and there is a desert buffet included with your entree which is "to die for." Look for coupon C147. We have also eaten at the Dockside Brewing Company/Restaurant. It's also in a nice hotel, the Granville, and right on the water. I'm looking at the Trolley map and it appears that the stop is at the entrance to Granville Island. And their last pickup from that spot might be around 5:25 p.m. You might want to consider using the Dockside Restaurant for lunch instead.

The Sutton place is pretty central so you can pretty much walk anywhere.

Here are more restaurant suggestions that are within a 5-minute walk:

Relish - good food and reasonably priced

Earl's paramount - not bad

For breakfast (A bit of a walk -about 15 minutes max):

Elbow Room - a Vancouver institution which is great for breakfast but bring your thick skin and sense of humour with you

Then of course, there are sooo many restaurants along Robson Street that are all pretty reasonably priced.

Archived