Beer?

E.B.

Hi everyone..

My hubby and I will be cruising the Eastern Mediterranean on the Costa Fortuna this summer. After reading the posts about the X-1, I think we're going to jump on board *pun* the program. My questions is: I've seen conflicting posts regarding what kind of beer is served with the X-1. Some say Bud, some say Carlsberg. I'm wondering if where you're cruising determines that. Did those of you on the European cruises find you had Carlsberg, while those of you on the Carribean had Bud? Sadly, I'm such a beer snob this really could make or break the X-1 for me! I appreciate anyone's input and/or any other tips or suggestions you may have, as this is our first cruise. :)

Hi everyone..

My hubby and I will be cruising the Eastern Mediterranean on the Costa Fortuna this summer. After reading the posts about the X-1, I think we're going to jump on board *pun* the program. My questions is: I've seen conflicting posts regarding what kind of beer is served with the X-1. Some say Bud, some say Carlsberg. I'm wondering if where you're cruising determines that. Did those of you on the European cruises find you had Carlsberg, while those of you on the Carribean had Bud? Sadly, I'm such a beer snob this really could make or break the X-1 for me! I appreciate anyone's input and/or any other tips or suggestions you may have, as this is our first cruise. :)

For the X1 Pakckage you will normally get the draft beer they have on tap. The draft is normally an international beer that is available locally, so you were correct in your assumption, Bud in Caribbean and Carlsberg in Europe. Bud could be available in Europe on the first couple of cruises after repositioning from Caribbean until on board supplies are used up and vice -a versa for Carlsberg.

The X1 is a good investment, as it covers not only beer butr wine and soda.

A beer to try on the Med is the German Wheat Beer (Weizen or Weiss Bier), they normally have Franzikaner. On our transatalntic cruise on the Med last year I always had a Fransikaner as a sundower by the pool bar. If you order a wheat beer make sure that you get the correct glass and how it is poured, here is a link, do to products and then how to pour (this goes for all wheat beers)

http://www.franziskaner.com/

Beer :rolleyes:, next to cruising one of my favourite past(and future)times.;)

Have a great cruise.

Ron

For the X1 Pakckage you will normally get the draft beer they have on tap. The draft is normally an international beer that is available locally, so you were correct in your assumption....

Thanks, Ron!

Appreciate the info. We're no strangers to the German beers...mmm...we're all over it! Carlsberg is also pretty good. Perhaps if I call Costa to get the X-1 set up, they'll know which beers will be on board at that time. Sounds like it'll be the European delights, though. My husband will squeal like a giddy schoolgirl at the prospect of bottomless European beer. I just didn't want the depressing experience of having unlimited access to watery nast (...no offense to you Bud fans.) ;)

We just arrived home from the MEd. and had the X1. We sailed the western carribean and were served budwiser, heinkin and carlsberg at different times with the X1. We were never asked which brand we wanted but if it was a different tase my husband always asked what it was.

Archived