Another Corkage fee??

OK- How do I pay the corkage fee of $15 per bottle? Is this paid in cash at the table or is it added to my onboard account?:confused:

We leave in less than 3 weeks and I want to make sure I have enough cash on hand for all extra's. :)

Thanks!

the corkage fee will be charged when you embark and be added to your cabin account.

Nita

I just want to piggy back on to this question.

I will be on the SAME cruise as you, Buffalofirsttimer! We will be bringing a few bottles of wine onboard that we will have to pay the $15 corking fee for. How do I do this? Do I carry the bottles to the port in a box? Do I put them in my luggage or carry on? Where exactly do I go to pay the corking fee?

I just want to piggy back on to this question.

I will be on the SAME cruise as you, Buffalofirsttimer! We will be bringing a few bottles of wine onboard that we will have to pay the $15 corking fee for. How do I do this? Do I carry the bottles to the port in a box? Do I put them in my luggage or carry on? Where exactly do I go to pay the corking fee?

I would carry them on. If you send them through in you luggage it will appear you are trying to smuggle them on and you will be called to the "naughty room". Just carry them on, as you pass through security there will be a table set up for paying the corkage fee. The amount will be added to your sign and sail card.

nita

What is the charge for one of those 'boxes" of wine?

It seems that is up to the corkage collectors or whatever we should call them. I have heard some say they paid the $15, others say $40 or $60. I think lots of us would like to know the answer. I do know we paid the basic $15 for a 1.5 liter bottle a few years ago.

Nita

I spoke with NCL regarding this the other day. I was told that its $15.00/bottle corkage fee but you were only allowed 2 bottles.

2 bottles per person?? That works out, we're a party of 7! LOL.....;)

In all seriousness, DH and I will bring 2 bottles each and MAYBE have my mom bring another 1 or 2 for us.

2 bottles per person?? That works out, we're a party of 7! LOL.....;)

In all seriousness, DH and I will bring 2 bottles each and MAYBE have my mom bring another 1 or 2 for us.

unless there has been changes in the last few days, there is no limit. Another example it appears of someone not knowing what the policy is.

Nita

Feel free to call customer service and get 8 different answers.

But, based on folks have indicated here, there seems to be a policy of $15 for 750ml. In reality, people with a 3 ltr box will pay one of the following:

$0

$15

$30

$45

$60

If you push NCL hard enough to standardize that, i know what the answer will be - $60

Archived