Priority tender?

Gixer

If you get priority tender in the morning to leave the ship, do you get priority tender when you return to the ship from your port day? I really dislike tendering, on our last cruise we were stood in a long line for well over an hour in the blazing heat with no shade with hot/tired/bored kids it was enough to put me off tendering anywhere ever again!

they don't check tickets for the return. the priority tickets are for getting OFF the ship in time for excursions...mostly ship's tour and VIPs.

coming back, you just walk on the tender...after showing your ID.

if you wait until the last tender of the day, you could get long lines.

if you want to avoid the long lines, try to get back a little earlier.

which port? some ports are better then others for their tendering.

Depending on what port you are tendering at and who's boats are being used can make a big difference on how long you may have to wait. We tendered back to the ship from belize and had to use their boats. We thought we might be leaving soon after boarding the boat, but no. This tender held 450 passengers and they filled it full. It took over 45 minutes to pack this tender. The ride was only 5 minutes back to the ship. :)

you must have had a speedy tender:D

belize is the one port that tendering does take some time, usually time between shore and ship is over 15 mins...at full speed. we had the same tender going in and coming back to ship...it was "big momma", she holds 150 passengers.

in alaska and some of the caribbean ports, they park the ship a lot closer. in cozumel, the ships (that don't dock) are at tender very close to shore.

with tenders going back and forth all day, people don't have to wait until the last minute.

the worse is the private islands, people get hot and tired from the beach and have to stand in long lines.

tendering is never great, but some places can be worse then others. hopefully, you will get a cruise with no tendering.

1307595762_signontenderinBelize.jpg.26758dacfcf8b452c5b91c6d0a360516.jpg

If you get priority tender in the morning to leave the ship, do you get priority tender when you return to the ship from your port day? I really dislike tendering, on our last cruise we were stood in a long line for well over an hour in the blazing heat with no shade with hot/tired/bored kids it was enough to put me off tendering anywhere ever again!

Priority tendering is ONLY for disembarking.

I dislike tendering also.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise:)

Archived