Concierge Cabin

RCCruisin

I am booked in CC class on the Mercury for Feb. 2005. My cabin is one with the larger balconies on the Sky Deck. Why did you think that the Mercury was not changing over until May?

We're booked in a cat.2B--7144 in Oct. 2005---will that be changed over to a CC?
Only cabins currently in catagories 1A,1B or 1C, will be CC's going forward. Any 2A. 2B or 2C, will NOT be CC's going forward. All the 2's are slightly smaller is square footage(172 vs. 190) in the cabin and 3 sq.ft. smaller on the veranda(38 vs. 41). That is the reason they are not included in the upgrade to CC. :)

I know exactly what you mean. I took my first cruise then discovered this board. I never realized how uninformed I was until I started to read this message board.

But then you get the knowlege and newbies come on. Often many of the same questions are asked often. But now you can help a newcomer.

I was on the Constellation in a CC class cabin while my family was in a regular oceanview. Honestly, I never used the CC services (priority embarkation, concierge, tendering). I just never had the use for it. Yes, we did get better towels, fruit in the cabin (but how much can you really eat everyday, all day on a cruise?), flowers in the room, better robes, but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

We also got binoculars (they weren't in good shape from previous users) and a big umbrella in the room, a tote bag, and better chair pads and a larger table on the balcony.

I am booked on the same type of cabin but without Concierge Class service in a couple of months. I'm fine with that. Unless it's for free, then I didn't find it worth the extra money.

...about which cabins are changing on the M-Class ships: rwb was incorrect about which cabins will be upgraded to Concierge Class and twofertwo was correct: Only categories 1A, 1B and 1C will become Concierge Class.

If you go onto the Celebrity website and check out the deck plans you'll be able to see exactly which cabins fall into which category.

Hope this helps!

:cool: Jill :cool:

I'm new to Celebrity so I'm not very familiar with the 1A, 1B, 1C categories versus the 2A, etc. and I want to be sure I'm correct on this. But it's my understanding that the CC balcony cabins are slighter larger then a standard balcony cabin. Is this true? I thought I read this somewhere but not sure where. :eek: We chose a CC cabin (8131 on the Constellation) not only based on the ammenities but because I was thinking it would be a slightly larger cabin. I hope I'm right! :D Thanks. :)

I'd go the Celebrity site and check again. I'm not too sure all the cabins are the same size only because the original CC's were on deck 9 and some configurations may change as you go down a few decks. Not having been in anything other that Sky deck, I can't be too sure about your questions but I do know that before I booked I would be very certain that the cabin is the size I'm expecting so as not to be disappointed if you book, board and then notice the difference.

Barcelona to Venice June 26th 2004. We were in 9097 on deck 9, under the pool deck. We could hear running back and forth all night long, chairs scraping, and furniture being moved. I'm an easy going sort but this was a real bummer because we needed our sleep to stay fresh for our port intensive excursions. Never again in CC. Any ? feel free to ask.

Semetz,

Unfortunately you chose a cabin in the worst possible place for CC. There are cabins on deck 9 that don't have this problem. Beginning in about May of 2005 all the category 1 cabins become CC, so unless you want to sail in a category 2 or suite, you'll be in CC if you want a balcony.

Ma Bell, Our neighbors on Millie to the left, across the corrridor, and my cousin who was two doors down also experienced the noise. We are not light sleepers. Buyer beware.....oh well, hindsight is 20/20. This was our third X cruise and we are booked on a 4th, Horizon to Bermuda in 2005! Woo Hoo!

We had booked the Mercury CC for end of January only because these were the only remaining cabins with balconies. We will be in cabin 1073 Penthouse Deck. Anyone know this level re noise, balconies, etc. as this is our first Celebrity cruise.

dmk in case you are reading this - the thread started in April. The May they were referring to was 2004 not 2005.

Archived