Papas and Beer Beach Getaway at Rosarito?

TortieGal

Hello...

I'm quite familiar with Rosarito, having a small home there.

Is this a ship's tour? Rosarito is about 1/2 way between San Diego and Ensenada and seems like an unlikely place for a tour. Papas and Beer is a bar/restaurant on the beach in Rosarito. It's known as a "party place", usually for the under 30 crowd, although I'm quite a bit older and I've had good lunches there.

It seems to me that a tour from either port would be quite costly if you're simply trying to get to a beach. Rosarito does offer some nice shops and restaurants around P and B if you're interested in a Baja coastal city.

If you just want to go to the beach, I'd go closer to San Diego or Ensenada.

I hope this helps.

murphysmum;)

Hello...

I'm quite familiar with Rosarito, having a small home there.

Is this a ship's tour? Rosarito is about 1/2 way between San Diego and Ensenada and seems like an unlikely place for a tour. Papas and Beer is a bar/restaurant on the beach in Rosarito. It's known as a "party place", usually for the under 30 crowd, although I'm quite a bit older and I've had good lunches there.

It seems to me that a tour from either port would be quite costly if you're simply trying to get to a beach. Rosarito does offer some nice shops and restaurants around P and B if you're interested in a Baja coastal city.

If you just want to go to the beach, I'd go closer to San Diego or Ensenada.

I hope this helps.

murphysmum;)

Yep, it is one of the shore excusions. I'm starting to have second thoughts because it seems like a long time to be on the bus to and from port. And I originally thought it included drinks...not "A" drink. LOL

Do you have any thoughts on the wineries in the area? Thought we might switch to that tour and then we could find a spot to hang in town after.

Thanks again!!

Hi!

Yes, I've been to the wineries and, if you like wine tasting, you'll probably enjoy the tour. You won't be driving so far; I'm not sure if you'll stop at one or a few wineries, but the wine made near Ensenada is actually quite good. They're on the old road (as opposed to new toll road) in a little valley going north from Ensenada.

If you ask them to drop you in the main downtown shopping area when you get back to town you'll find a lot of fun places to hang out and it's a quick taxi ride back to the ship.

Enjoy!

murphysmum;)

• 2 years later...

Archived