walkie talkies on the Triumph

Guppie45

Hi,

I was wondering if walkie talkies worked on board and if they are allowed?

I am not sure if I even need them. My concern is this: We are taking our 9 yr old daughter and I really don't want to allow her to sign herself out of the kids club. The reason is that I am nervous to have her walking around the ship alone if we were by the pool or whatever. I do want her to be able to get me if she is there and wants to leave.

Should I be worried about that?

Thanks,

Laurie

They will work and they are allowed but they are a headache and people around you will hate you for using them.

I understand not wanting to let her sign herself out. Just tell her she has to stay until you come get her. Life ain't always fair esp when you are a kid.

You could tell her you will check back with her at a certain time, and she would take comfort in that. I think she will be having so much fun that you won't be able to pry her away.

If she did need you for some reason, I think the staff would bring her to you. Just tell her what you are planning to do (pool, bingo, etc.) You won't be too hard to find, the ship is not all that big. I don't think you should have to rely on a walkie-talkie, but if you want to bring one you can.

We used them on the Paradise about a week ago and ran into one problem. When we approached one port, we suddenly started picking up cab traffic on the radios. No way we could talk over it, and by then, it was too late to switch channels. We eventually gave up on them and just agreed to meeting at certain times throughout the day.

You could tell her you will check back with her at a certain time, and she would take comfort in that. I think she will be having so much fun that you won't be able to pry her away.

If she did need you for some reason, I think the staff would bring her to you. Just tell her what you are planning to do (pool, bingo, etc.) You won't be too hard to find, the ship is not all that big. I don't think you should have to rely on a walkie-talkie, but if you want to bring one you can.

Thanks! I don't really want to bring them and if a staff member would bring her to me if she really wanted to leave then that is fine. I have a feeling she will want to stay and NOT leave but was worried if she wanted to and couldn't reach me.

Thanks for all your replies!

Laurie

Archived