Sensational Desserts!

beach410

I have to say, I was disappointed we couldnt cruise on one of the newly upgraded vessels, but was extremely happy with this cruise. I had wanted to tell everyone everything I ate because everything was soo good, exceeded my expectations, even the steaks were tender.

What I do recall is the desserts, I was really impressed with their pastry chef, excellent job. I had Key Lime pie, which I never saw on the menu before and it was excellent, tart and just the right amount of flavor, Grand Marnier Souffle the 2nd night and this is always very good, and on the 3rd night, had to have the Tiramisu, again, delish, better then on our last cruise, the last night I had the apple pie, the only thing wrong with this is the bottom was a little burnt, but after removed it was yummy, and I am not really an applie pie fan, but you can just taste the butter in the crust it is so good.

I know a lot of peoples favorite is the choclate melting cake, my DH likes that one, which I can only have one bite of, a little too rich for me. I just wanted to share our wonderful dessert experience on board the Sensation.

Whats your favorite dessert? I really cant pick!

oh my gosh... the bitter and blanc was my favorite! i asked the next night to see if there was any available, but it was not... the chocolate melting cake was very different the two nights i had it... the first night, it was warm, very thin and liquidy in the middle... next time i had it the container was cold and the whole cake was pretty much solid... great flavor, but I don't know which one was the "right" one...

also ate way too many of the pistachio napoleons at the buffet... all the desserts were excellent!

bitter and blanc was explained on the menu as vanilla and dark chocolate pudding but it was definitely not just pudding... it was a small cup of an amazing warm vanilla pudding type sauce with chunks of what seemed like vanilla pound cake in it... then there was a small swirl of dark chocolate that went down to a little puddle of it on the bottom of the cup... i will definitely try to find the recipe... don't know if it's in the carnival dessert cookbook or not... i didn't think to look while i was in the gift shop...

Warm Chocolate Melting cake has to be gooey in the middle to be good. I had a pretty solid one, one evening and my waiter quickly replaced it. The trick is a bite of cake with a bit of vanilla ice cream with it. Absolute mouthgasm.....Can't wait for Oct.

The Bitter and Blanc sounds yummy. I will have to check for it on the Spirit.

bitter and blanc was explained on the menu as vanilla and dark chocolate pudding but it was definitely not just pudding... it was a small cup of an amazing warm vanilla pudding type sauce with chunks of what seemed like vanilla pound cake in it... then there was a small swirl of dark chocolate that went down to a little puddle of it on the bottom of the cup... i will definitely try to find the recipe... don't know if it's in the carnival dessert cookbook or not... i didn't think to look while i was in the gift shop...

it's a "bread" pudding, thus the moist poundcake like substance.and it is the most incredible thing i have ever tasted!!! Loved it!

Bitter and Blanc was my favorite, as well. I'd describe it as warm vanilla and chocolate cake pieces covered in a vanilla sauce. I also really liked the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. WCMC varied from night to night as to the thickness of the cake on top versus the "melted" chocolate in the bottom of the cup. We preferred more cake.

Has anyone noticed how Carnival's desserts have really improved over the years? I remember when anything chocolate didn't really taste like chocolate.

Chocolate Melting Cake served warm is an absolute must every Carnival cruise. I even found it at the buffet on our last Triumph cruise (twice). Made my cruise!! I liked the cinnamon sopapillas too on Mexican buffet night.

My wife and I...we are just NOT dessert people...neither one of us really like sweets that much. And on our very first Carnival Cruise...(we went with some family)...but when dessert time came...neither one of us ordered anything. Of course everyone else at the table did. So, we ended up sampling a few things anyway....and as of Day 2, Cruise No. 1...we have ALWAYS ordered dessert. The desserts are definitely EXCELLENT!!! And really, now....(especially since we still don't eat desserts...except for on a cruise)...the dessert part of each meal...is really one of our favorite things about cruising!

it's a "bread" pudding, thus the moist poundcake like substance.and it is the most incredible thing i have ever tasted!!! Loved it!

Oh, definitely Yes. The bread pudding is the best dessert I have ever eaten. We were on the Miracle this past January and I wish they would have had it again. Hopefully, the Splendor next January will.

Yes, they did have it at the buffet at supper two times. They put the individual cups of it in large silver pans with the sterno cans lit underneath them to keep them warm.....and you could get as many as you wanted....unlike the dining rooms.

My favorite is the Cappucino pie, 2nd is the bitter and blanc.

Well, we are definate opposites. My favorite is Bitter and Blanc with Cappucino Pie being my second favorite. They can keep the melting cake....I can have unbaked chocolate cake w/ vanilla ice cream at home. But, Bitter and Blanc..OMG....that is the BEST!!

my daughter and i loved the grand marnier souffle. we even asked for the recipe. i made it at home, but it was not at all like on the ship. mine actually puffed up really high (like it's supposed to). theirs was more dense and heavy, but heavenly.

We are just off of the Celebration. My favorite desserts were the warm chocolate melting cake and the baked Alaska. My hubby loved the Cappucino pie. We also both ordered coffee or cappucino with our desserts each night. Yummy!

I will definitely be trying the bitter and blanc if it is offered on Destiny in May, as well as the chocolate melting cake.

I LOVED the cappachino pie and the various cheesecakes. One night I had one at dinner, then my sister and I paid for a piece each (she had the carrot cake) at the patiserie. Strawberry cheesecake, soooooooooooooooo good. Only 4 weeks. I could live off the desserts.

Archived