Question about Cruise Air and Business/First Class

ottawapuppy

You will find that the special air rates are for coach class only. For the most part, the mass markets don't do business or first with reduced rates. When I flew to Rome from Chicago for a cruise, the first class airfare was $5300 for one way. I checked for first class round trip and the cost was, get this, $14,200. On the luxury lines, they do negotiate for better business class fares, but they still aren't all that cheap. To fly from Chicago to Copenhagen, we had to pay an additional $1700 one way, to upgrade to business class.

You will find that the special air rates are for coach class only. For the most part, the mass markets don't do business or first with reduced rates. When I flew to Rome from Chicago for a cruise, the first class airfare was $5300 for one way. I checked for first class round trip and the cost was, get this, $14,200. On the luxury lines, they do negotiate for better business class fares, but they still aren't all that cheap. To fly from Chicago to Copenhagen, we had to pay an additional $1700 one way, to upgrade to business class.

Thanks Kitty.

That fare is far beyond what we can afford so it's good to settle, mentally, that it's not an option.

Archived