Our first trip to Key West and The Bahamas...

Cruzfan34

Hi! We just arrived home from our Celebration cruise to Key West and Nassau on Thursday. In Key West, we had a great lunch at Red Fish, Blue Fish. It is located near Mallory Square. We also enjoyed taking the Trolley tour around Key West and seeing all of the sites. There is a booth that sells tickets from the tour near the ship. It is cheaper than the excursion that Carnival had to offer. The tour guide did a great job of giving us a lot of interesting information about Key West. On a past trip, we enjoyed walking down Duval Street and enjoying lunch at Marguaritaville (sp?). Some friends that were with us did the Bar Crawl. They said they had a lot of fun.

In Nassau, we visited the Straw Market and purchased a faux designer purse. Then we took a cab ($4.00 per person) to the Atlantis. It was a beautiful place to visit. Some of our friends went to Senor Frogs at the pier, and they said it was a blast. If the Blue Lagoon tour is available when you visit, it is a great excursion. Unfortunately, it wasn't open when we were there. We had been there on another trip and loved it.

Have a great time!

The crazies cruise from CC is on that same itinerary. I put some Key West ideas on this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=743014

sixgun has started threads for each of the ports. Like you folks just found out about the change on the crazies cruise, but folks posted some ideas. Iv been to all three ports myself. You could just find the thread yourself by the CC date and then scroll to the ports idea.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=743015

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=743017

Thanks for all of the suggestions. :) I know our cruise is 10 mos. away, but I like to "research" our destinations and know what we'll be doing when we get there,lol. The keylime pie sounds really good.

Also, DH loves to snorkel so we'll probably do that, and I love the beach. Thanks again for the help! :D

I liked seeing Ernest Hemingways home and all of the cats that live there at Key West.

That house is a very good tour with all the stories they tell when you are on it. Also its nice with the Key West light house being right across the street. A trip up to the top you can take some nice pictures. I feel Key West is one of carnivals best ports.

The Trolley is a great way to see Key West! You can hop on and off...see the Southern Most Point in the US for pics... Duval Street has great shops and restaurants (Kelly's is a good one. She is the girl from Top Gun and we have seen her there as she just lives around the corner from it).. the beach is Smather's Beach and it is a nice beach. I have been there quite a few times and I try to see something different each time. As a history geek, I enjoyed the President Truman Florida white house tour... and then probably went over to Hog's Breath! :) Have a great time!

In Key West when you walk around -- try the frozen key lime pie covered in chocolate! I want to go back there just for one of those!!!!:D

I second this! Seriously one of the most decedent, delicious bites of sin I have EVER had. :)

... Duval Street has great shops and restaurants (Kelly's is a good one. She is the girl from Top Gun and we have seen her there as she just lives around the corner from it)...

Actually, she sold it a few years ago - we know the new owners.

This is what I recommend for a 7:30 - 2 port day:

The Butterfly Conservatory. I take all my guests there. It's not too expensive and an awesome experiance. It's right next to the Southernmost Point, so if you haven't seen that either, it's a twofer! Both are at the end of Duval - Oceanside. For a nice brunch, Camille's on Simonton at Catherine is wonderful. A stroll down Greene St. will take you past Old City Hall, Kermit's Key Lime Shoppe, Peppers of Key West and Key West Aloe. And, of course, there's Duval. Always recommend a stop at Fastbuck Freddie's. A Conch Train tour is always recommended.

For a longer port stay:

The same, but also the Hemmingway House on Whitehead St. or the Little White House at Truman Annex and some afternoon time at the Schooner Wharf Bar listening to Mike McCloud while drinking a Sunset Ale and munching on Conch Fritters.

Oh, the Raw Bar is decent as long as you like seafood and great drinks. We had fun at some of the other establishments as well. There is one where their is live outdoor entertainment but I can't remember the name of it right now. If I do, I will post it.

We did the Atlantis tour in the Bahamas (Nassau) and it was fun. It was a bit speedy for my MIL who is slow on her feet. Every time she would catch up, the guide would move on. She almost had to run through it all, at her speed. We have also done the Yellowbird Party Boat twice. The fun on the boat depends on how many things you have in common with the other guests. We had a large group that liked a totally different type of music than we did and it put a damper on the activities. The beach the boat goes to is very nice and the water is spectacular. I am jealous now after wrting more!

Aleece

:D

The Half Shell Raw Bar is a great place to eat in Key West.

That's it!! The Schooner Wharf Bar to listen to Mike. It was a great time. Not as great as Hog's Breath but that may have been the result of too many Key Lime Shooters and the group I was with.

Aleece

:D :D :D

[

The same, but also the Hemmingway House on Whitehead St. or the Little White House at Truman Annex and some afternoon time at the Schooner Wharf Bar listening to Mike McCloud while drinking a Sunset Ale and munching on Conch Fritters.

Archived