Question about waitlisting

nikita

Hi everyone! DH and I are considering a Mediterraneon cruise for Sept. and all the cruises are already waitlisted. My question is this - if I try and book through a travel agency do they have rooms that they've already purchased and we will not be waitlisted? What I would like to do is go to ************* since the prices are so much better but with waitlisting I'm not sure if you can do this? any info would be appreciated!

Opps! I don't think you realized that we aren't allowed to mention websites or TA's names here. It will just bleep them out if you do.

But as far as cabin availability, check around, there possibly could be group space somewhere with one of the larger unmentionable ;) travel agencies. Best of luck!

Opps! I don't think you realized that we aren't allowed to mention websites or TA's names here. It will just bleep them out if you do.

But as far as cabin availability, check around, there possibly could be group space somewhere with one of the larger unmentionable ;) travel agencies. Best of luck!

I haven't posted on here for around 7 months and couldn't remember but thought I'd give it a go. Thanks for your reply - it doesn't hurt to try and book it with a travel agency - the worst they could say is "you will be waitlisted" right?

I haven't posted on here for around 7 months and couldn't remember but thought I'd give it a go. Thanks for your reply - it doesn't hurt to try and book it with a travel agency - the worst they could say is "you will be waitlisted" right?

Correct!

Hi Luckymike!

Welcome to the forum - you will love it! I've planned my last 3 cruises with it and you can't beat the information you find on here!

Waitlisted means the category you have chosen (balcony, mini-suite, etc) has already been sold out and you can join the waitlist. I did this one time and if I remember correctly you have to put some money down but not much (I'm not 100% sure you have to put money down - can't remember for sure). I was lucky and got the cabin I desired that one time but not sure how often this happens if you join the waitlist. You get your money back if the rooms don't open up. When it gets time for people to put down their last installment before penalty the rooms usually open up and then it is a first come first served on the waiting list.

Hope that helps!

Archived