Urgent question from a non cruiser!!

sk3595

Hi all, I dont know if i have done the right thing but i really need info from experts.

My uncle had a heart attack while on board a cruise ship, unfortunately our only communication is my cousin who has now flown out to his next port! the only info i have is: they sailed from new york last saturday, caribbean/mediterranean cruise, and is docking at madeira 0800hrs sunday 13th april 2008.

Is ther anyway of finding out what ship docks in madeira, is funchal the only port there, if i find the name could i contact the ship???

any advice/help would be extremely grateful. As being 'in the dark' is not helping my mum or me! (my mum forgot to ask ship name etc as in so much shock!)

thanks again x

Call the guest services number for the cruise line your uncle is on and tell them about the situation. Ask them to give you the phone number for the ship and you can call directly to the ship and ask for your cousin's cabin. Funchal is the only port for Madiera. If you don't know the name of the ship, is there any other family member you can call to get this information? The ship will dock in Funchal at 4am EDT. You can try and google the port of Funchal and see if they have a website that lists the ships in port. Good luck and I hope your uncle is doing well.

Here is a link to Funchal's port website.

http://www.portosdamadeira.com/index2.php?t=2&l=uk

Below is the list they have on their website. Good luck, Debbie

Next Cruise Ships

05/06 - Breamar

04/16 - Amsterdam

04/26 - Balmoral

04/16 - Aida Vita

04/23 - Aida Aura

12/03 - Summit

12/04 - Splendour of the Seas

05/06 - Seadream II

04/13 - Oriana