Shoes for white pants

This may sound like a silly question, but I'm planning to take white slacks on my next cruise and would prefer not to take white shoes just for the one pair of pants. The pants are dressy linen and I'd probably wear them with both brightly colored blouses and probably black.

Do you think any other color shoe/sandal would work?

Jane

I wore white linen pants with a white halter with sheer overlay and wore silver sandals. plan on doing it again and i can use them with the dresses i am bringing so, they can be used more than once. just an idea.

Thank you all for your help! I will only be bringing black dress shoes (not open toed) that could possibly work, so perhaps I should include a pair of dress sandals in silver or gold or even black that could go with other things. That would require me going shopping, but, if I have to, that's just what I'll do. :D

Thanks again!!

We will be cruising on October well after Labor Day. Hope this isn't a dumb question, can I wear white, shoes, shorts, capris???

Not dumb, and asked ALL the time here. ;)

1) "No white after Labor Day" is pretty much passe now (some people still follow it, but usually in northern climes).

2) Tropical climates never follow that rule anyway. :rolleyes:

Wear your whites and enjoy. :)

We will be cruising on October well after Labor Day. Hope this isn't a dumb question, can I wear white, shoes, shorts, capris??? Thank you.:)

Depends on where your cruise goes.

If it's to the caribbean, then there's no such rule. After all, you'll be in the tropics where it's basically summer temps 12 months a year.

If you're going to Alaska, I doubt you'll be comfortable in shorts and white will look too summery.

If you're going to Europe, I would not suggest white because I think it's too summery looking when people will be in dark neutral fall tones.

Thank you all for your help! I will only be bringing black dress shoes (not open toed) that could possibly work, so perhaps I should include a pair of dress sandals in silver or gold or even black that could go with other things. That would require me going shopping, but, if I have to, that's just what I'll do. :D

Thanks again!!

That's sounds perfect!

Archived