?? Holiday sailed to Carribean from N.Y.

Momee

Being new to the Cunard Line and just returning from Holland America I was wondering if anyone would be able to approximate the price of Cunard for four in a regular balcony cabin for the 15 day Carribean Cruise out of N.Y. I saw a post somewhere that the price started from 1,600 so I would assume that would be the smallest inside. Any views on this one.

A single mom with three teen daughters who like ellegance on a cruise and though Cunard would be a nice change.

progress.gif

Being new to the Cunard Line and just returning from Holland America I was wondering if anyone would be able to approximate the price of Cunard for four in a regular balcony cabin for the 15 day Carribean Cruise out of N.Y. I saw a post somewhere that the price started from 1,600 so I would assume that would be the smallest inside. Any views on this one.

A single mom with three teen daughters who like ellegance on a cruise and though Cunard would be a nice change.

progress.gif

If your looking at the 12/20/2009 holiday sailing the Listed price will be $3449 per person 1 & 2 for a D5 (inside room). This is a holiday sailing. The 10 day Voyages start around 1549 for a D5. We just did the QM2 on 12/10/07 10 nt from Brooklyn and paid $999 per person on a promowave special. We are also a HAL fan and both products are comparable. Pricing for these Itin's open on 4/17/08 . (Just checked the price of the B5 would be $4250pp for passengers 1 & 2 for the 12/20/2009 voyage)

Thank you very very much for letting me know. I really do not know how the information is known at this point if its not on any websites. Thank you. Its too pricey for me, so now I can get that idea out of my head. I was getting excited but thats too pricey for me.

Thank you very very much for letting me know. I really do not know how the information is known at this point if its not on any websites. Thank you. Its too pricey for me, so now I can get that idea out of my head. I was getting excited but thats too pricey for me.

I was fortunate enough to receive a pdf brochure from my T/A. The 13 Day (11/17/2009) Voyage Seems to be reasonably priced.

progress.gif

Momee, many times the holiday cruises are priced higher than other cruises. With this cruise being 15 days, it will be expensive.

However, I would watch the prices. Sometimes a few months before the actual date of sailing there are some wonderful price reductions. Sometimes the longer cruises don't sell as well and you can get some bargains. Don't give up too quickly if you really want to sail on the QM2. Keep monitoring the prices and be ready to move quickly if you see a wonderful bargain.

Also remember that all the inside cabins are the same size. So no matter which inside category you book, your cabin will be the same size. Those cabins in better locations are more expensive.

The only problem you might have would be that you would need a cabin for four. Sometimes, these cabins sell quickly. Always remember that you can price one cabin for four or two cabins for two each. Many times, the price is not that much more for two cabins. It sure would be nice with four women to have two bathrooms!!!!

Hope it works out for you.

Beth

progress.gif

Hi Momee-

Unfortunately, there are NO quad balcony cabins on the QM2 in Britannia dining. There are quad insides and quad oceanview- way forward and way aft. The only way to have 4 in a balcony is to get 2 cabins.

If you want to splurge on a Queen's grill cabin, some can accommodate 4. At that price, you can probably buy a decent automobile - it's up to you how to spend your $$$.

We booked our 10 day March cruise in february. There were only inside rooms left. It was $1250.00 per person (including fees). We booked two rooms since the difference between 4 in a room and two rooms was only a few hundred dollars. We would never book four in a room. They are too small. watch the prices like a hawk and pounce when they get low enough. The inside rooms are the last to sell, and the longer cruises are a smaller market as well. Good luck. You can do it. Keep that dream alive!

Paul

Archived