Bermuda Onshore Dining

ncdebe

Say if this program is re-instated, what were the advantages of it for dining ashore?

Just how expensive is Bermuda?

Example: 2 years ago, I had a hamburger at the Frog & Onion that cost $14. It's expensive. At least the burger was fantastic.

We had braced ourselves for extremely high restaurant prices (given the Island chain's need to import virtually everything) but found them on par with what you would pay in any big US city. Grocery shopping is an eye opener though!

Hopefully NCL will bring back it's Dine-Ashore program. It would be a plus for Hamilton restaurants as cruise ships no longer dock at their doorsteps.

If they don't have the program, I won't go into the regular restaurants. We'll just eat big breakfasts and then grab some quickie bites for lunch if we aren't close to the ship. Then dinner on the ship.

With the program, I would have bought a few drinks while I was waiting in a restaurant.

If you have a problem with a $12- $14 burger, maybe you've never eaten in a theme park, at a concert, or other "captive" area. Prices are pretty high.

It really does not matter too much unless you eat out often have a large family to feed.

Bermuda has some terrific restaurants. The Four Ways Inn has been rated as one of the ten best restaurants in the world. Some other great restaurants are Tom Moore's Tavern, Henry the VIIIth's, and the Carriage House. Yes, I know it's expensive, but you owe it to yourself to try at least one of these places.

Bermuda has some terrific restaurants. The Four Ways Inn has been rated as one of the ten best restaurants in the world. Some other great restaurants are Tom Moore's Tavern, Henry the VIIIth's, and the Carriage House. Yes, I know it's expensive, but you owe it to yourself to try at least one of these places.

I went to Four Ways Inn last August. Dinner for one adult and two teenage girls (no liquor ordered) cost me $430. The presentation of the food was four star, as was the taste. However the restaurant smelled musty, which put a damper on enjoying my 'very expensive' meal. It is a bit of a cab ride from the port.

I went to Four Ways Inn last August. Dinner for one adult and two teenage girls (no liquor ordered) cost me $430. The presentation of the food was four star, as was the taste. However the restaurant smelled musty, which put a damper on enjoying my 'very expensive' meal. It is a bit of a cab ride from the port.

Yikes! That's a wee bit out of my range:eek: :D .

Hey Monte, looks like there's a few of us that will be losing our swizzle virginity on this cruise eh?!:D

Tom Moore's Tavern was established in 1652, which was kind of fun. Our hundred dollars ship vouchers from the Crown just about covered basic dinner for two, no drinks. The cab ride however was about thirty five dollars each way plus tip.

>>>Example: 2 years ago, I had a hamburger at the Frog & Onion that cost $14. It's expensive. At least the burger was fantastic.

We paid $10 for a buger on the beach at Fort St Catherine. It wasn't bad, but we were hungry so it was worth it.

>>>The cab ride however was about thirty five dollars each way plus tip.

Try taking the bus next time. I don't think we've ever paid that much for a cab in Bermuda. Can't wait to get back there this year. Last year they were only offering the Dine Ashore to the smaller ships like the Crown and the Majesty. I'm hoping they bring it back:)

Has anyone been to Bermuda in the last few weeks that can give some feedback about what the status of Dine Ashore is on the Dawn? What are they doing? Are they still issuing vouchers? If not...what are they doing or saying? Has anyone asked about it? If so...what did NCL say?

When we booked. The NCL rep really made a huge deal about how great the program was and that was a key selling point for me (not a deal breaker, but still). I'm just interested to see if they are saying anything about it or not. All the literature I have from NCL (brochures, etc) all talks about Dine Ashore in Bermuda...

We were on the 4/27 sailing of the Dawn. There is no longer a Dine Ashore Voucher Program. They do give you a little booklet with recommended restaurants however. Bummer!!

Yep, no more Dine Ashore. When you get off the ship grab all the brochures you can find at the visitor's center. Several had coupons for free drinks or discounts at restaurants and shops.

Archived