Our day in St Martin

cck0000

We had a most pleasant day in St Martin.

However, there was unusual weather that caused the captain alot of trouble docking the ship. The beaches had all washed up the night before, and most of the excursions involving water activities were cancelled.

We had already decided on a leisurely day beginning at the Zoo.

We walked off the ship and went to the back of the pier area where there were huge lines for taxis. They were moving pretty quickly though. Our driver brought us to the zoo in about 10 minutes.

Very nice, small, quaint zoo. We all enjoyed it. Monkeys, tons of birds, a capybara, aligator, and some reptiles.

When we were done, the gift shop staffmember called us another cab.

We asked the driver to bring us to the fleamarket downtown area.

We didnt find anything appealing for sale at the fleamarket, but we did enjoy some of the other shops in the main shopping area. My daughter got a nice Kipling purse at a good price. We kept walking, and found ourselves at the main beach close to the water taxi area. No one could be in the water that day due to the rough seas. We had hoped to rent jet skis but we were unable to that day. So we decided to head back.

There were more local vendors selling wares outside the water taxi area.

We decided to take the water taxi back to the ship. It seemed very expensive to me for that short trip on a tender, but I am not sure you could get around very well by walking?

happy travels:)

Archived