Room Change Advice - After assignment

Hi There - I booked and paid for an Inside Guarantee for the Monarch of the Seas departing May 19th for my married daughter and I (my DH couldn't make it). We'll be cruising with 5-6 other couples...a bunch of my cousins. Anyway, this past weekend my other married daughter mentioned that she'd really love to go too...and I'd like to change my reservation to a room that will accomodate a 3rd person. I noticed in my on-line booking that they've already assigned my cabin (2583) and it doesn't hold a 3rd person. When I looked at the available cabins (there were many), I couldn't see one (other than quite expensive ones) that accomodated a 3rd person.

Question - has anyone ever had this situation? I'm wondering if it would do any good to call RCI? Do they have cabins available that aren't shown on-line?

Be aware though that you will pay any difference in fares. Usually inside guarantees are the cheapest category. RCCL does not allow you to book 3 people into a guarantee category so most likely you will have to pay to upgrade. In fact looking at the May 19th cruise, the cheapest category they are showing availability for 3 people in is the Junior Suite category. It may be cheaper just to book the 2nd person in their own inside cabin and pay the single supplement than to upgrade to a JS.

Hi There - I booked and paid for an Inside Guarantee for the Monarch of the Seas departing May 19th for my married daughter and I (my DH couldn't make it). We'll be cruising with 5-6 other couples...a bunch of my cousins. Anyway, this past weekend my other married daughter mentioned that she'd really love to go too...and I'd like to change my reservation to a room that will accomodate a 3rd person. I noticed in my on-line booking that they've already assigned my cabin (2583) and it doesn't hold a 3rd person. When I looked at the available cabins (there were many), I couldn't see one (other than quite expensive ones) that accomodated a 3rd person.

Question - has anyone ever had this situation? I'm wondering if it would do any good to call RCI? Do they have cabins available that aren't shown on-line?

Not an answer to your question but ~ come on over to roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=13903345&posted=1#post13903345

Since you've been on the monarch before,maybe you can give some helpful hints:D

Yes, travel agents hold blocks of cabins. I emailed my TA yesterday to change reservations to an entirely different ship! She offered me 5 cabins to choose from - I didn't like any of them. I saw on RCCL website a cabin I preferred. I emailed her the cabin number and told her it was on RCCL - and I could book directly with them, but I didn't want to take away her commission. She called RCCL and got me that cabin. So your TA may be holding some cabins that can accomodate 3 people. Also - usually 60 days before sailing when people cancel out, cabins will be shifted around and new ones available.

Archived