NYC Questions

NancyAnn6

My hubby and I are flying in a day early for Princess Cruise on June 4th. We are looking for advice on the least expensive option of whether to get a hotel close to Red Hook Terminal and do some sight-seeing from there, or stay elsewhere and then travel to Red Hook the next day.

Also, do any of the hotels offer shuttle service to and from LaGuardia and/or to the port?

Thanks for any and all advice--I've read these boards for years (and used a lot of the advice), and this is my first post!

My hubby and I are flying in a day early for Princess Cruise on June 4th. We are looking for advice on the least expensive option of whether to get a hotel close to Red Hook Terminal and do some sight-seeing from there, or stay elsewhere and then travel to Red Hook the next day.

Also, do any of the hotels offer shuttle service to and from LaGuardia and/or to the port?

Thanks for any and all advice--I've read these boards for years (and used a lot of the advice), and this is my first post!

All hotels areound LGA airport will provice shuttle service to LGA but not to the Red hook Terminal. Best idea is to take a cab. Since June 4 is a Wednesday wait until after rush hour, say 10am before you leave for the port. With no traffic it is about a half hour from LGA. Print out the directions to the port and have them handy as not all cabbies will know how to get there (you may want to print them in a number of languages;))

Whether you want to go to a hotel in NYC instead of LGA airport really depends on how much time you will have the day before to do some sightseeing. If you have sufficient time you could stay in NYC and see some sights on June 3rd and the morning of June 4th before you go to Red Hook.

There are a number of threads here describing hotels and their prices in NYC.

I live in brooklyn!

Have you ever visited Red Hook or NYC?

I maybe able to give you some more detailed advice.

Off the top of my head I would say stay in RED HOOK because Manhattan is only a 20 minute $2 per person train ride away for sight seeing. It would be easier to commute locally on the day of your cruise than be in traffic leaving NYC to Red Hook.

hopefully you can give me some advise. We land at Red Hook on June 4. don't go out of LGA til 1800. Want to do some kind of tour that would end up at LGA. So far cannot find anything...can book a tour company but its $150 a person for 5 people max...is there anything out of Brooklyn you can suggest

hopefully you can give me some advise. We land at Red Hook on June 4. don't go out of LGA til 1800. Want to do some kind of tour that would end up at LGA. So far cannot find anything...can book a tour company but its $150 a person for 5 people max...is there anything out of Brooklyn you can suggest

try this idea.

go directly from red hook to lga and check in for the flight and get rid of your bags. depending on time you might find you can get an earlier flight.

if not, take a cab or bus into manhattan and do some sightseeing.

about 3:30pm proceed back to lga for yor flight

i doubt this will cost anywhere close to $750

Book a limo with a knowledge driver. $40-60 per hour....

I love it here in NYC! There is plenty to see even if you don't have alot of time.

I see you have alot of cruise experience so what time does your group estimate to be off of the ship? If your flight leaves at 1800 you want to be at the airport checked in by at least 1600 if I am correct. International flight?

Let's see how many hours you have to sight see and come up with some suggestions.

I am wondering about your luggage also, that may warrant a solution.:D

Archived