Consumer Complaints Against NCL

sakapfet

• Administrators

:) I wonder if the OP knew what a great, humorous, treat they were offering by this link?

Apart from the always-enjoyable view of SakeDad's photos (and damn, I wish I had your "eye" for pictures! :))... this is one of those ??? threads. What was the OP's point? When you read the complaints posted at that site, what IS the point? All I kept thinking for all the cruiselines was "for the love of God, put on the big girl panties, and DEAL with it!" Only the truly elite have the financial wherewithal to expect/demand a "fault-free" vacation. No mainstream cruiseline I know offers that particular product!

In the right corner with 37 complaints is NCL. In the left corner with a mere 7 complaints is Holland America. The winner of my honeymoon cruise is HOLLAND AMERICA!!!:p

This just proves that NCL passengers are technilogically savvy enough to post to the internet, while most Holland Assisted Living guests are still trying to figure out their brand new Casio solar calculator. :D

This just proves that NCL passengers are technilogically savvy enough to post to the internet, while most Holland Assisted Living guests are still trying to figure out their brand new Casio solar calculator. :D

You guys have got to stop. My sides are hurting now! :D

Hey, I resemble that remark!

I still love my NCL...even if I'm not tech savvy. What is a solar calculator, and where can I get one?? I think it'd be great to have one in Alaska to find out how long the sun is going to be up.

I still love my NCL...even if I'm not tech savvy. What is a solar calculator, and where can I get one?? I think it'd be great to have one in Alaska to find out how long the sun is going to be up.

Ha ha!:)

In the right corner with 37 complaints is NCL. In the left corner with a mere 7 complaints is Holland America. The winner of my honeymoon cruise is HOLLAND AMERICA!!!:p

Well, if you prefer to honeymoon with the sect that hasn't yet discovered they can actually use the internet....so be it!:D While I loved the Noordam I hated the fact that it SHUT DOWN at 9pm every night! But if you're on your honeymoon you should be in BED:Dby that time!!!!

If we really wanted to laugh, we could look at the same site for:

Carnival

Royal Caribbean

Celebrity

Holland America

So, if you believe Consumer Affairs, they all stink!

On the Royal Caribbean complaint thingie, PLEASE read the one with the peeing baby. It truly mad me laugh until I cried.

Barb

If we really wanted to laugh, we could look at the same site for:

Carnival

Royal Caribbean

Celebrity

Holland America

So, if you believe Consumer Affairs, they all stink!

I've learned one thing by reading all of this. No cruise line is better then another one.........they all have some complete morons sailing on them. :D

Forget the solar calculator, just be sure to have your solar flashlight!! (hee hee)

People just love to complain. My favourite complaint I heard on my first cruise - the food wasn't the same as he could get at home. He was trying to get a grilled cheese sandwich in the dining room.

From the Consumer complaints website:

"To say that Carnival gets more than its share of complaints would be quite an understatement. We get more complaints about Carnival than about all other crise lines combined."

According the the OP, Carnival is...and I quote....."the best run cuise company" :rolleyes:

Something about glass houses comes to mind:D

We have cruised NCL.

I am reminded of the old saying..."you get what you pay for!"

NCL is not...and to my knowledge...never has presented itself as a Premium cruise line. It is a "mass-market" cruise line...like Carnival...and Princess..(which we have also cruised with)....although Princess likes to pretend it is a Premium brand.

If you want the 'perfect cruise' then pay the money for one....if you don't get it then you at least have a base from which to complain!

This has been some fun reading! What I see that these complaints have in common is except for a very few exceptions, these people are furious that their vacation wasn't 100% perfect, and they want a full refund and will never cruise whatever line it was again. They also hold the cruiseline accountable for things that are obviously outside the cruiseline's control, e.g., the weather; their wireless company's charges; the fact that they chose not to get trip insurance and couldn't cruise for whatever reason.

I wonder of these people are like this about every aspect of their lives, because at least in my life things are never perfect and I accept that and enjoy myself anyway. This past weekend I visited my DD and DS at their colleges. The rental car I got had 30k miles on it and was kind of dumpy. The flight going down was delayed. The ice machines in the hotel weren't working. That's life. It didn't mean that the trip was miserable- I had an excellent time. No, scratch that- I will never use Alamo or Southwest Airlines or the Hampton Inn again and I demand a full refund!

And so many of them are so angry that weather causes the cancellation of a port day! I guess they would be happier if the captain let them make the decision about whether a docking was safe or not. After all, what is the safety of 3000+ people compared to the fact that I want to visit Cozumel?

Again, fun reading.

Barb

Those same people that would complain about missing a port due to weather, would certainly complain about the cruise line jeapordizing their safety and having them bounce around in a tender in rough seas. Then they would complain that even if they could get to the port they wouldn't be able to swim because of rough waters, drenched because of rain, couldn't do anything etc.

Some people think it's an 'ALL ABOUT ME' world and are highly disappointed when it isn't. This results in complaining all of the time when they are constantly disappointed. I'm sure the cruise lines aren't worried about losing their business.:rolleyes:

We have cruised NCL.

I am reminded of the old saying..."you get what you pay for!"

NCL is not...and to my knowledge...never has presented itself as a Premium cruise line. It is a "mass-market" cruise line...like Carnival...and Princess..(which we have also cruised with)....although Princess likes to pretend it is a Premium brand.

If you want the 'perfect cruise' then pay the money for one....if you don't get it then you at least have a base from which to complain!

I don't think some of these people would be happy if they paid for the top of the line, luxury cruise. They would find something to bitch about. I like what you say about not being or claiming to be a luxury line. You are so right. Sometimes I think this is where the problems come in. Too many are sailing on the mass marketed lines and expect the Titanic before it hit the ice.

Nita

Archived