Ventura 13 April

timespliters

Thanks for the great photos. Think I'll be sticking to Arcadia though!

Andrew

Ditto but we are trying her out in Jan on 'Geordie One'

I think you should try each ship at least 3 times, just to make sure:D

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

• 2 weeks later...

I was onboard Ventura for the Pre Maiden Party Weekend and am onboard again for the Weekender in September.

I don't think I will be booking a longer cruise onboard Ventura though as I didn't like her very much.

I will stick to the other ships for longer cruises - I am on Oceana again in 5 weeks time and can't wait for it to come round.

Feebee_71 :)

Hi Feebee, what didn't you like about her? We're boarding on the 9th for our first cruise and would like to know what to expect.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

I found her too big for me and just didn't feel very 'at home' on her.

The cabin was stunningly lovely and the new hospitality trays in the cabons are a nice change - I really liked the cafetiere. The main restaurant I ate in (Saffron) was also beautiful and the food up to P&O's usual high standards.

I was disappointed by the size (or lack of it) of Metropolis - it is much smaller than the promo literature makes it out to be. The Salon is also very small - 2 pedi-chairs, 2 manicure tables, 5 hairdressing chairs. The actual floor space is about 1/2 the size of the salon on Oceana.

I did like the relaxation room out the back of the spa and the endless pool with real wooden loungers round it - I think it will make a lovely sun trap. Also nice was the covered pool area.

Other than the things I have previously mentioned I cannot say exactly what it was about the ship and as I say I am giving her another chance in September but she just didn't 'do it' for me.

Thanks, as it's our first hopefully those things won't be as noticeable to us but good to hear about the rooms and the food.

I'll tell the other half that the Salon is pokey, hopefully it'll dissuade her spending all our OB credit on getting her hair and nails done ;)

Andy

as a first timer who loves a spa day...what are the prices like in the Spa on board ship? I am going on the Ventura but not sure if it is the same price policy on all ships? Also I am assuming I should book the spa as soon as I get the "optional excursion" stuff thru? (I am sailing on 31.08)

TIa

as a first timer who loves a spa day...what are the prices like in the Spa on board ship? I am going on the Ventura but not sure if it is the same price policy on all ships? Also I am assuming I should book the spa as soon as I get the "optional excursion" stuff thru? (I am sailing on 31.08)

TIa

Janem2,

The prices I paid were - haircut and blow dry - £45

Manicure £22

Pedicure £28

Hair upstyle £35

I found them quite a bit more expensive than other ships - perhaps they have all gone up since my last cruise before Ventura (Oceana in September) or, perhaps it is because they have brought in a new company to run the spa/salon.

I have a price list for the spa so if there is anything specific you want a price for let me know nad I will look it up.

I am looking for a body massage and a facial on the Ventura --so if you have the prices for them that would be great...you are right about the prices of what you did mention - they are high! But I haven't been on a cruise so of course they may be par for the course nowadays.

Thanks for your help

Janem2

Archived