Need tips on Discounted Fares for 16 day Princess Antartica Cruise

cruisinsister3

Put this thread in the Princess board as well. Thought I might get a better response in the Antarctica board.

Looking to cruise the Star Princess 16 day Antartica trip. This is a fairly expensive tour especially if you are cruising as a single passenger. Wanting tips on how to possibly avoid the 150-200% surcharge for single passengers other than sharing a room. Usually book oceanview or balcony cabins.

Second question... Would enjoy response and information regarding the Star Princess cruises to Antartica and how they would rate it. Worth the trip??

Thanks to all in advance for your responses.

Put this thread in the Princess board as well. Thought I might get a better response in the Antarctica board.

Looking to cruise the Star Princess 16 day Antartica trip. This is a fairly expensive tour especially if you are cruising as a single passenger. Wanting tips on how to possibly avoid the 150-200% surcharge for single passengers other than sharing a room. Usually book oceanview or balcony cabins.

Second question... Would enjoy response and information regarding the Star Princess cruises to Antartica and how they would rate it. Worth the trip??

Thanks to all in advance for your responses.

I'm a solo cruiser, too, and am interested in an Antartica cruise but probably on a smaller ship because I'm interested in doing landings--I think that is the appropriate term. I suspect the Antartica cruises--like Alaskan cruises--are very popular so cruise lines don't offer a reduced single supplement often, if at all. You should check the solo cruiser board for the reduced single supplements thread. You may also find other information that could be helpful as a solo cruiser.

We went on a smaller, expedition ship by Lindblad - http://www.expeditions.com We wanted to make landings and not just sail by Antarctica. They have several single cabins, which are smaller than the regular cabins, but only cost about 130% more than the per person charge for those sharing a cabin. They go quickly.

We went on a smaller, expedition ship by Lindblad - www.expeditions.com We wanted to make landings and not just sail by Antarctica. They have several single cabins, which are smaller than the regular cabins, but only cost about 130% more than the per person charge for those sharing a cabin. They go quickly.

Benita!! THANK YOU! I checked out the expedition.com site and am looking at their 15-night cruise. We are at the beginning of planning for this cruise--my friend and I will each have our own cabin--and this is a great place to start.:D

Archived