Do you know... Bar Credit Coupons

CjKd

I know it sounds silly, but I want to make sure...

If you order the Carnival $5.25 bar credit coupons online, can you still order a higher priced drink and the remaining will go on your sail card or does the drink your order have to be $5.25 or less?

Thank you everyone!

It depends on the server. In my experience, and from what I've read here, sometines they will eat the difference and sometimes they will ask for your card to charge the difference to your account.. One thing is certain.. If the drink is less than $5.25, you won't get change back :)

I bought these coupons one time and did not like them. Yes, they will charge you the extra $$$ to your SS card. My problem was that not all table attendands are familiar with these. Some times, they will ask me for my folio number, some asked me for my SS card ( which made me suspicious because if I prepaid these coupons already WHY would they need to take your card ) Last one: one night at the night club, I ordered two drinks, they asked me for my SS card ( for verification only ) and charged me for the two drinks. When i brought the issue to the attendant, she apologized and took my card again in order to fix the problem and ( CHARGED ME AGAIN ) LOL.

I went to the purser's desk and had the issue fixed in no time.

I know that they may be convenient for some people; however, I will not buy them again. Why prepaid drinks? Just send your credit card extra $$$ to make up for what you will spend.

Enjoy your cruise

I bought these coupons one time and did not like them. Yes, they will charge you the extra $$$ to your SS card. My problem was that not all table attendands are familiar with these. Some times, they will ask me for my folio number, some asked me for my SS card ( which made me suspicious because if I prepaid these coupons already WHY would they need to take your card ) Last one: one night at the night club, I ordered two drinks, they asked me for my SS card ( for verification only ) and charged me for the two drinks. When i brought the issue to the attendant, she apologized and took my card again in order to fix the problem and ( CHARGED ME AGAIN ) LOL.

I went to the purser's desk and had the issue fixed in no time.

I know that they may be convenient for some people; however, I will not buy them again. Why prepaid drinks? Just send your credit card extra $$$ to make up for what you will spend.

Enjoy your cruise

People often get them as gifts. But I agree, they are not worth the hassle. If you are buying them for yourself, just get the funship dollars and have those applied to your account as cash. Then the $ can be spent on anything and you don't have to worry about losing the coupons, or getting them wet, etc.

I know it sounds silly, but I want to make sure...

If you order the Carnival $5.25 bar credit coupons online, can you still order a higher priced drink and the remaining will go on your sail card or does the drink your order have to be $5.25 or less?

Thank you everyone!

We always use them on each cruise, not because they save you any kind of money but because they are just convienent from the stand point that drinks are paid for and that amount will not be added to our S&S card. Just like we always prepay gratituities so they are not on the card. We have never had a problem using on any of the ships. Usually a single ticket pays for a single drink and we use 4 coupons for a bottle of wine at dinner. If you buy doubles then they will ask for two coupons. We were told that any tickets left over were not good for any other cruise but found that was not true and we have carried them over to other ships. If I can answer any other question just let me know. They will deliver the tickets to your dinner table on the first night of the cruise.

We always use them on each cruise, not because they save you any kind of money but because they are just convienent from the stand point that drinks are paid for and that amount will not be added to our S&S card. Just like we always prepay gratituities so they are not on the card. We have never had a problem using on any of the ships. Usually a single ticket pays for a single drink and we use 4 coupons for a bottle of wine at dinner. If you buy doubles then they will ask for two coupons. We were told that any tickets left over were not good for any other cruise but found that was not true and we have carried them over to other ships. If I can answer any other question just let me know. They will deliver the tickets to your dinner table on the first night of the cruise.

But what is the benefit of buying the coupons vs. buying funship dollars or, better yet, just having money directly transferred from your debit/credit card to your sail and sign account? As far as I know, you can add money to your sail and sign, at any time before you cruise, in any amount, as often as you'd like. I don't see any reason why you would buy drink coupons for yourself instead of doing that. Drink coupons exist as a way for someone who is not cruising to buy as a gift for someone who is. It makes no sense at all to buy them for yourself.

But what is the benefit of buying the coupons vs. buying funship dollars or, better yet, just having money directly transferred from your debit/credit card to your sail and sign account? As far as I know, you can add money to your sail and sign, at any time before you cruise, in any amount, as often as you'd like. I don't see any reason why you would buy drink coupons for yourself instead of doing that. Drink coupons exist as a way for someone who is not cruising to buy as a gift for someone who is. It makes no sense at all to buy them for yourself.

If you buy them to give out as a present, then its ok. Now, I do not see the benefit of buying them for yourself and I also do not see the point of adding $$$$$$ to your SS account before hand. If prepaying things is your thing, then just prepay all that $$$$ to the credit card that you will be using, that way if something happens and you are not able to go on your trip, you don't have to go through the hassle of getting your $$$$ refunded back to you. ( Keep the money on your side ) and you'll reduce the interest that you pay on your credit card on exsisting balances.

I say this with the outmost respect, but some people lack discipline when it comes to limiting or watching their expenses.

If you order the Carnival $5.25 bar credit coupons online, can you still order a higher priced drink and the remaining will go on your sail card

The answer is "YES".

It's at the discression of the Bar Tender if you will be charged the difference.

Have a great cruise. :)

We bought 6 books for our cruise they were never a problem to use them. We did it so we could manage our budget. Our bill at the end of the week was $543.00 that was for everything we did. Photos, Bingo. Cheesecake. Tshirts.We did buy the drink of the day we were able to use the coupon on the refills. We plan on using them again on our next cruise.

Mike

we bought 20 for our cruise 2 weeks ago and they were great bought them each pay and our SS is usually 700 to 900 and it was 580 this year and we drank our butts off so I think it helps and we had no problem with them just give them to your sever a head of time and get to know them it helps if you are nice they won't charge you the extra

I think they are a ripoff, but your mileage may vary.

For starters, the coupons are valid for up to $5.25 (including gratuity).

4 coupons per sheet, so 4 x 5.25 = $21.00

Since they charge you $21.25, they are making more money off the bat, not to mention the float time they have your money before you actually spend (if ever).

If purchased as a gift, that is something different. Send me all you want! :D

BarCreditsBAR.jpg

I think they are a ripoff, but your mileage may vary.

For starters, the coupons are valid for up to $5.25 (including gratuity).

4 coupons per sheet, so 4 x 5.25 = $21.00

Since they charge you $21.25, they are making more money off the bat, not to mention the float time they have your money before you actually spend (if ever).

If purchased as a gift, that is something different. Send me all you want! :D

BarCreditsBAR.jpg

The coupons include tip.. so you do save a little. Around three dollars on 4 drinks.

You have to buy funship dollars and then mail them in to get credit on your S&S account and I have yet to be able to transfer money to the account prior to a cruise but would if I could. Since we try to cruise at least twice a year it is just nice knowing that the drinks, tips and excursions are taken care of long before we actually board. Right now everything is taken care of for the next three cruises. I just perfer not owing anything when I get off the ship. Heck! If I die between now and them someone will really get to enjoy themselves for the $50 name change. Strictly a matter of convienence for us. And buying drinks as a gift for someone that is cruising, if you can afford to cruise, you can afford your drinks

Ok, the coupons are up in the air, but what if someone wants to buy us Fun Ship Dollars for us to use towards our Sail Card expenses on the cruise, do we just bring them to the pursers desk when we want to shave off the bill? I'm confused though, when I click on the terms and conditions of the fun ship dollars and it states, 6) The recipient will be required to mail this certificate.

Will I need to do this? or can I just hand it to the purser?

:rolleyes:Thank you all!

Ok, the coupons are up in the air, but what if someone wants to buy us Fun Ship Dollars for us to use towards our Sail Card expenses on the cruise, do we just bring them to the pursers desk when we want to shave off the bill? I'm confused though, when I click on the terms and conditions of the fun ship dollars and it states, 6) The recipient will be required to mail this certificate.

Will I need to do this? or can I just hand it to the purser?

:rolleyes:Thank you all!

You have to mail them in before the cruise to get a credit on your S&S account, I just couldn't be bothered so we don't use them anymore

Ok im gonna put my dog in this fight .im looking at my sail and sign statement .my first fun ship special when i got to the lido deck was 7.96 +.65 tax +1.09 gratuity total 8.99 refills were a total of 7.38 . i got my drink coupons as a gift at dinner the first night (just noticed this they only charge tax the first day while you are in port and untill you hit open water left from mobile al. this cruise ) Ok the next day i used my coupons my first grink was a miami vice in a reg glass it was 5.25 and the gratuity .79 cents wich i was not charged so my savings was 79 cents on three drinks and the bartender took my last coupon for a big sunship special so 3x.79=$2.37 in my case the saving was $4.60 because of the diff in the funship and the coupon savings of $2.23 on the last one .but if i still can save .79 cents per dink x 27 drinks 5 day cruise . a total savings of $21.33 min. if you get the right bartender the savings could be higher .So in my humble opinion they work .and of couse the saving would be bigger for a couple or on a longer cruise

I have done the drink coupons. Personally I keep forgetting them in the room... :eek: Anyway next cruise I will purchase some funship dollars online a month or two before the cruise. (Visa check Card) You can put "apply as onboard credit on the address line" Also put your booking # ect... I think you can even call in a week befor the cruise and it will still be applied... No problem on 3 Carnival Cruises.

You can pre-order bottels of "the hard stuff" for the room/balcony which I know saves me money of what I would be buying poolside instead.

Drink coupons however are nice to have delivered to your cabin mates :D.

I buy the soda ones for my pre teen because I do not want him to have unlimited sodas (soda card wise).

Unfortuneatly I am not the best with money so I like to pre-pay for as much of my cruise as possible so as to not have a huge sail and sign at the end.

Tom in Long Beach

You have to mail them in before the cruise to get a credit on your S&S account, I just couldn't be bothered so we don't use them anymore

My children tend to buy me funship dollars for every occasion. I also try to buy myself some before our cruise. I never mail them in to Carnival. I just take them to the purser's desk when we board. I believe you need to mail them in if you are using them to pay for the cruise.

I have yet to be able to transfer money to the account prior to a cruise but would if I could.

I have done this on just about every cruise I've been on.. Unless something has changed recently, it is easy to do...

Ok im gonna put my dog in this fight .im looking at my sail and sign statement .my first fun ship special when i got to the lido deck was 7.96 +.65 tax +1.09 gratuity total 8.99 refills were a total of 7.38 . i got my drink coupons as a gift at dinner the first night (just noticed this they only charge tax the first day while you are in port and untill you hit open water left from mobile al. this cruise ) Ok the next day i used my coupons my first grink was a miami vice in a reg glass it was 5.25 and the gratuity .79 cents wich i was not charged so my savings was 79 cents on three drinks and the bartender took my last coupon for a big sunship special so 3x.79=$2.37 in my case the saving was $4.60 because of the diff in the funship and the coupon savings of $2.23 on the last one .but if i still can save .79 cents per dink x 27 drinks 5 day cruise . a total savings of $21.33 min. if you get the right bartender the savings could be higher .So in my humble opinion they work .and of couse the saving would be bigger for a couple or on a longer cruise

OK.. It is NOT worth it to save $21.33 to have to remember to bring coupons any time you leave your cabin, and to make sure you don't lose them, and to make sure they don't get wet, and to get the dirty looks from your server (your server does not like the coupons), etc., etc. And if you are a beer drinker, you will lose money, not save it. Please, people, especially you newbies who are reading this and taking notes, in the name of humanity, do yourself a favor.. Buy funship dollars.. Or just have money applied to your account if you want to budget ahead of time. Even if you have to send the funship dollars in ahead of time, placing a stamp on and dropping a letter in the mail is a very small inconvenience compared to having to carry around coupons for your whole cruise. Trust me.

Archived