not many reports on Ventura minicruise?

aggietd

Is it just me missing something, or is there a distinct lack of written reports on the mini cruise, have seen some pictures, but no comments, come on all you people who were on her, spill the beans to all us poor sowls who have a bit of a wait yet.

Only one comment have I seen, and that was favourable overall, but they said she was a bit dark in places, this seems to be true from lot of the interior pictures that have been posted, but whats the onboard oppion?

Please I cannot wait to hear how you all got on. Put us out of our misery please.

Nancy

Ok - At boarding therer were long queues, but these were split inot odd and even cabin numbers so didn't take too long to board. I had an inside cabin on Riviera deck. Reasonably spacious with separate dressing area/wardrobe. The bathroom was tiny and I didn't like the three open galleries shelves in there rather than a cabinet. There were also only two small bedside drawers each and no other drawers at all. The dressing area had a floor-ceiling cupboard with shelves and a safe. Although there were only two of us in the cabin it was a four berth. The two upper bunks jutted out over the lower beds about 10 inches. There were three electrical sockets, a lovely hospitality tray, flat screen TV with pay per view film selection. We had lunch in the Waterside buffet restaurant - nicely decorated in pale aqua and creams. Our evening meal was in the Saffron Restaurant. There seemed to be lots of 2,4 and 6 seat tables but not many 8 seats. The main colours in the public rooms were dark woods and rich reds etc. What I really didn't like were the deck areas. The Beachcomber Pool has a sliding glass roof. When closed as it was, the chlorine smell and noises made it seem like a public baths. The Laguna pool is open air and there is also the Terrace pool and Endless Pool. Most of the sunbathing decks are covered in astroturf which was squelchy when wet. The promenade deck was covered in a plastic material made to look like teak decking, of which there was none. However, I liked the way the promenade deck was open right round the bows, but you did have to climb steep steps to get there. Lots of sunbeds but very few reclining chairs. The only steamer chairs (about 10) were round the Endless Pool in the spa. Food was variable but I expect they were still getting used to the equipment. There is no cinema on board - films were projected onto a screen set up in the Tamarind Club. The publicised 3D cinema is no more. There are lots of bars but no lounges to just sit and read in. The Red Bar was very nice as was the Tamarind Club. Dinners in the White Room cost £15 per person, Lunches £8, Tapas at Ramblas is from £1.50.

Photos at

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sharonp40/VenturaWelcomeCruise

Hi all,

Having spent a day onboard I can honestly say that the ship is gorgeous. Although many of the bars & restaurants are furbished with dark woods, the ship overall has an incredibly light, airy & modern feel to it. Whilst it may not be for the traditionalists, those who appreciate the contemporary will not be disappointed. The cabins are much more in the style of a top class hotel with luxury bedding & designer tea/coffee making facilities, and the bars and restaurants are like walking between top class London establishments.

For those with children, the delightfully calming nursery and areas for toddlers to teens will not disappoint.

Classy, contemporary & calming...can't wait to see her again !

Your joking? :eek:

Hi Daimen,

Not joking at all.

Apparently the equipment needed to work the 3D cinema was broken when they got it and was not reparable.

Instead they are showing films on a screen in Tamarind Club.

Feebee_71 :mad:

Did you notice if they had a bar that was only for the people wearing the correct dress code?

Hi Kitchie,

I think you will find that the dress code for the evening is the same all over be ship as it is on all P&O ships.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hi Ship's Cat, thanks for your honest appraisal and the lovely pics. Less than 2 days to go now for the maiden voyage :D . 2 more hours to work then home to pack. Won't sleep for the next 2 nights!

Have a lovely time. I have several friends on board for the Maiden. I hope you will all have a great cruise.

There is a hairdryer - I tried it out (always do so we can report back). Its the best I've seen on a cruise ship so far. A decent size with several settings for temperature etc.

I always take my own no matter what (quite simply because I'm useless at doing my own hair and find I need something I'm used to ) but if all the cabins have the same one as was in ours, I think I could use this.

Obviously its personal preference though.

wakelover x:D

Archived