3-Day Cruises

Jackale

DH & my two daughters (19 & 16) are booked on Fascination at the end of June for a three day cruise to the Bahamas. I'm starting to wonder if the three day is too short to get a true feel for cruising. I want to take it all in, but it might be more of a hurried trip than a relaxing one - any comments or suggetions on how to truly experience cruising at its best....

I personally enjoy at least a 4 day cruise, but even those are a bit quick. 3 day seems very rushed to me. The whole process of embarkation and debarkation is not worth it to me for only 3 nights.

Plus, I enjoy at least 1 FULL day at sea. No worries of getting on/off the ship. Just relax by the pool.

To each their own though. Just my opinion.

I see that this is your first cruise. My first one was also a 3 day Bahamas from Port Canaveral,FL. I became addicted !!!!! It is a good choice to see if cruising is for you. There is one full day at sea. Contrary to what some others will say the 3 day ones are NOT a "wild party" atmosphere. I already have been on 2. Enjoy your first one :)

DH & my two daughters (19 & 16) are booked on Fascination at the end of June for a three day cruise to the Bahamas. I'm starting to wonder if the three day is too short to get a true feel for cruising. I want to take it all in, but it might be more of a hurried trip than a relaxing one - any comments or suggetions on how to truly experience cruising at its best....

A 3 day is the perfect way to "get your feet wet" to cruising. But be prepared for the addiction to set in and you'll find yourself online looking to book your next one. We took our 1st cruise a little over 2 years ago, a 5 day, just to "try it" and see if we liked cruising. Well, I came back from my 15th cruise in Feb and we leave Sunday for 2 5 day back to back cruises. The shorter cruises are fine for a quick get-away but they're just too short IMHO

I believe that it will be awesome, just a little worried that I may not survive it, because I want to do everything. My teenagers are kinda old for the O2 club and too young for the disco. So that has me a bit concerned - but if they do not check ID - they will be fine.

I've been on a couple of the 3 day cruises and had a fantastic time! I did find that they had a bit of a different feel from the 7 or 8 day cruises. On the 3 day you'll find a few more groups, like bachelor or bachelorette parties, birthday parties, groups of friends on weekend get-a-aways. I usually tell my friends that they need to go on a longer cruise to get the true feel of what cruising is really all about. My first cruise was a 3 day cruise and then when I went on a 7 day cruise, I thought wow, now this is really nice!

I'm not saying that the 3 day cruises aren't fantastic, hey I would go at the drop of a hat!.

You'll have a wonderful time! I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the cruises I've been on, no matter what length.

Good morning!

My very first cruise was a 3 day on the Fascination in 2001. I was so excited and was like a little kid at port that day when I first saw the ship!

You could tell that I was a first timers because I had my head tilted up because the ship was so big.

I had a good time because I was with a group of girlfriends and my best memory was the sea day. We got up and stake a claim on a group of chairs near the pool and spent the rest of the day swimming,drinks,chatting,eating,reading and enjoying the sea.

Since then I sailed seven additional cruises and in the fall, I'm going on a 14 day cruise!

I have my 3 day cruise on the Fascination to thank!!

Happy sailing!!

SECOND TIME AROUND AND MY 40TH BIRTHDAY CRUISE ON THE

MAASDAM

10/24/08-11/07/08:D

I figure this will be the last 'vacation' with the family - who knows if hubby likes it, prehaps I see a longer one in my future - of course you know the daughters will be the ones who like it and want to go again!

3 days isn't long enough though, you'll see.

First cruise was on the Fascination, 7 day with my family in 1996. It wasn't long enough. We had the very BEST time. We're hooked, thanks to the Fascination.

Hope you can book another when you get back, you'll be hooked.

Enjoy!

i have been on a 7 day and our last one was a 3 day...and it was actually a good amount of time...

one huge tip...is to get there early....we were on the ship at about 11-12 so we had the whole rest of the day on the ship.....that makes a big difference...since most people who fly in would get there later. We were able to get on (probably the 20th person on) and go straight to eating lunch and get to our rooms about 2pm.

I would just take in everything...and if you can spend as much time away from your room...taking in the food....activities....pool etc. We had a blast....we are going on a 4 day cruise next week....so its exciting to have an extra day on this one..since I love the sea days.

I figure this will be the last 'vacation' with the family - who knows if hubby likes it, prehaps I see a longer one in my future - of course you know the daughters will be the ones who like it and want to go again!

I have a 15 and 19 and it was the same... not sure the older will go with us next time. We were on a 3 day, but it was our 7th cruise - 5th with Carnival. I think you will be fine... get on early, enjoy what makes you happy.. stay away from what doesn't (like whiners) and have fun. We did some family things and did some alone. My youngest says make sure the 16 yo goes to the first O2 club meeting and then she may or may not ever go again as she will meet friends. Remember that the 18 yo can drink legally in the Bahamas...

Bobsfamily - oh the 19 year old is looking quite forward to the day in the Bahamas - and I will encourage them as much as possible to investigate the opportunity to meet others their ages - they want fun and freedom and it they end up with a tan - even better!

Bobsfamily - oh the 19 year old is looking quite forward to the day in the Bahamas - and I will encourage them as much as possible to investigate the opportunity to meet others their ages - they want fun and freedom and it they end up with a tan - even better!

A comment of Breezes - the all-inclusive. I think the cruise has a trip there or you can do on your own for around $60pp - there was a thread about it somewhere - anyone over 16 (by cruise ship.. 14 on your own) is allowed so no toddlers running around. Depending on your ability to "drag" a teen back to the ship it is a cheap (well cheaper) to have some fun at the beach with unlimited drinks and food.

Another is the booze cruise - Yellowbird - but you have got to go with... it gets a bit rowdy.

I started out with a 3 day just to see if I liked it. Needless to say, number 14 coming up in 3 weeks. :D Great way to experience cruising and if you love it, book another as soon as you return. If you hate it, you will only be miserable for a few days.

We have booked 3 days on the augural cruise of the Spendour on 10th July from Dover UK to Amsterdam. First time on Carnival. Can anyone tell me do they have a formal night on such a short cruise? Hope so its part of the cruise.

We are also doing 2 short 2 nights cruises in September on the Oceana and Aurora and they have a formal night.

Archived