Childrens Club on Voyager

I would be grateful if anyone can give me the following info.

I'm looking at booking a Christmas 2008 sailing on Voyager.

I have a 6 yr old daughter who has been on 2 other cruises (HAL and X). She has enjoyed the kids clubs that were on those ships.

I've heard that RSSC isnt as child friendly.

Is this correct?

Also, does anyone know the hours of the kids club? Does it cover dinner at night?

On Celebrity she chose to eat with her friends from the club in the evening even though we were on early seating. So we chose late seating with HAL and had to take her to eat seperately as the kids club was not open!

I'm not saying that she will never eat with us but I would like the different options.

We tend to get off at all the ports so she doesnt go to the kids club during the day, only on sea days and some evenings.

Is there any other info that I should take into consideration before booking? We would be staying in a Penthouse A triple suite.

Thank you.

Let's see:

I've heard that RSSC isnt as child friendly. Is this correct? Nope. My daughter started cruising on Radisson when she was 5 and has been on 5 cruises since. She has loved the program each time (as has my older son). There are kid-friendly cruises noted by the Mariner's Club logos. If there is no logo, there is no club and I would avoid the cruise. (Summer and holidays generally are good.)

Also, does anyone know the hours of the kids club? Does it cover dinner at night? The times vary by day and port. Usually say 9-12 and 2-5 and then 7-10. There are dinners a couple of times. My kids enjoy dining in the suite on the other nights and then off to the program...leaving us to have a couple's dinner.

Is there any other info that I should take into consideration before booking? We would be staying in a Penthouse A triple suite. I think you will be absolutely fine. My kids have been on HAL, X and others as well. They actually favor Regent because - even without the fancy kid's club - they get personalized and wonderful attention from the staff.

Any other question, just ask away.

Thanks for your reply Eric. Its put my mind at ease.

I think I read some thread here about vibration near the laundry rooms. I can get, at the moment, a PH A near the front of the ship and there are also some near the laundry rooms at the aft.

Do you have any experience of this?

My kids loved the kids' programs with Radisson then Regent. They have a LOT of individual attention, which the boys liked. A couple of nights there are special meals for just the kids. They ate with us the other nights or ordered room service and stayed in the cabin. All in all, a good mix.

The counselors really try to figure out what the kids on board that particular cruise like to do, then they will cater to that. My sons had fun at the scavenger hunts. They also met some other kids that they hung around with in the evenings (they were older than your daughter). It isn't a baby-sitting service, but it was perfect for us.

Regarding the rooms in the aft - we have been in 862 and 861 on Voyager and had no vibration issues, however, when I walk further back it was noticable. We were in 861 on the crossing last Nov, and even then in the Atlantic, it was no issue and I am sensitive and even worried about it a little. If you can get 859 - 860 - 861 or 862 I would think you would be fine. (859 and 860 are wheelchair friendly, so it may only have a shower, I'm not sure on that). The PH suites are our favorites, however, with the rising cost, this year we will be in a standard suite on Voyager for the first time and I'm sure it will be just great.

Sounds like a great way to celebrate the Christmas holiday - have fun.

Archived