Just received the "Caribbean Cruises" video from HAL

Sue's Mom

and what a disappointment I found it to be. I had expected it to be largely about the Caribbean but there was about 11 minutes of HAL promotion and not more than two minutes of images of, I assume, around the Caribbean, but frankly they could have been of anywhere.

Now, the video was not expensive - $9.95 - but the postage etc to the UK was $14.95. (I had checked with HAL in the UK but they do not have such videos). Having already booked and paid for our cruise on a ship on which we have cruised before, we definitely did not need a promotional video.

Rant over, thanks for listening.

I have often wondered if these videos from HAL were worth getting. Sounds like they are not much more than the Video promos you see while in your cabin on the ship.

Thanks for letting us know, too bad you had to pay so much postage to get it to you.:(

And I agree that it wa largely a HAL promotion and not so much about the Carib... BUT.. it had some beautiful shots and video of HMC .. and some of the images were really lovely of the ships as well. I had hope that it would be somewhat more informative but it was still a pretty collection of pictures and helped to set the "mood" somewhat. :)

On the other hand, I did order the Vista Class ships promo video last year before we silaed on the Oosterdam this past January.. it was beautifully done and all of that but again, not too informative.

IMO these videos are great to get a "sip" of what to expect but not to be counted on to do much more than whet the appetite.

Cheers!

and what a disappointment I found it to be. I had expected it to be largely about the Caribbean but there was about 11 minutes of HAL promotion and not more than two minutes of images of' date=' I assume, around the Caribbean, but frankly they could have been of anywhere.

Now, the video was not expensive - $9.95 - but the postage etc to the UK was $14.95. (I had checked with HAL in the UK but they do not have such videos). Having already booked and paid for our cruise on a ship on which we have cruised before, we definitely did not need a promotional video.

Rant over, thanks for listening.[/quote']

hi sue s mom .

if you want to really enjoy a video on the Caribbean east and west and many other places there is a company in san Diego that does videos on most of the cruise ports down there and they call it. cruising the western Caribbean is just one of there titles quite a few minutes footage on each island.

i also live in the uk and have a couble of there titles and can recomend them thoroughly.

if you would like help tracking one down email me and will pass on there details to you if intested.

till that next dam ship

Friday my local travel agent called me to stop by her office to pick up a new DVD sent to her by HAL. It has 2 discs and features one with the itineraries and one that has the ships. It featured Alaska cruises and tours, Europe, Caribbean and the Canada/NewEngland cruises. I was so excited to preview this but when I tried to change my request on the menu list it wouldn't allow me to see any of the features except the first one on each disc. It was really frustrating because I tested my DVD player with other discs and it worked fine. I found I could navigate the menu but for some unknown reason not on the HAL DVD.

By the way my travel agent told me she had not viewed this new DVD so she was no help.

Just wanted to make you all aware of the new DVD options.

Archived