Serenade aft room 7172 vs 9660

I need some help! We are currently booked in 9660 aft, but I noticed that 7172 came open today. Can anyone tell me about this room? In a picture that I have seen it looks like this is one of the corner aft's that everyone is always trying to get. But when I look on the deck plans it looks like there is something beside that room that cuts off the balcony. Has anyone stayed in this room that can help me? I put the room on hold so that I could make a decision.

Thanks Anna:D

7172 does wrap to a certain degree. I had its upstairs neighbor 8168 on my last cruise and it has quite a wrap to it. I'm told that 7172 is just a tad smaller. I just checked and 8186 looks the same way on the deck plan - like it just goes straight out and doesn't open up to the side at all. It does. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Here's a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=14270265#post14270265

Wish I was a computer guru and knew how to post the actual picture!

7172 does wrap to a certain degree. I had its upstairs neighbor 8168 on my last cruise and it has quite a wrap to it. I'm told that 7172 is just a tad smaller. I just checked and 8186 looks the same way on the deck plan - like it just goes straight out and doesn't open up to the side at all. It does. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Thanks for your help. My biggest concern is that it won't be as big of a balcony as 9660.

It's not as deep, but it is wider. I'm betting that the two have about the same number of square feet. Someone wiser than I will hopefully come along and let you know for sure. I'm a diehard corner lover, so I am no doubt prejudiced.

We had 9260 right next door to your and the balcony is amazing about 10x14

Unless you luck out with 9256 or 8168 I would keep 9660 because the way the ship bow in the middle of the aft they are like the biggest balconies

IMG_1108.jpg

We had 9260 right next door to your and the balcony is amazing about 10x14

Unless you luck out with 9256 or 8168 I would keep 9660 because the way the ship bow in the middle of the aft they are like the biggest balconies

IMG_1108.jpg

Every time I see that picture I start drooling over that balcony?:D I just want to thank everyone for all your help, I was just hoping that 7172 was one of those great corner afts that everyone loves.:(

• 2 weeks later...
So how does one land that coveted cabin# 9256? We are looking at the southern carib sailing 2009 or 2010....any ideas:confused:

Book on the day they open the bookings, that is what I did to get it for Oct 13 2009

Book on the day they open the bookings, that is what I did to get it for Oct 13 2009

Thanks Sue, So when do you think the reservations would open for February 2010?

Maybe I can have my TA be on the look-out:confused:

... So when do you think the reservations would open for February 2010?

They are open for Feb 2010 (just last Tuesday & Thursday)...if you act fast there may still be one left...

Good Luck..

BILL

Thanks Sue, So when do you think the reservations would open for February 2010?

I would call RCCL tonight and put a hold on it if it is available and then worry about your TA in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...
YES! 9258 will be a much larger balcony. What sailing are you on? I just noticed that 9258 opened up on our cruise on 08/09.

Nope, not on that sailing.. Strange.. after my post, 9258 "disappeared" from the RCL website for quite a while, but "reappeared" again today :confused: Think I'll stick with 7172 coz it's a corner & check RCL website everyday hoping the corners on Deck 8 or 9 will open up just like this 9258 :D

Archived