Immigration Forms

Wer2pats

How far in advance can you complete the immigration forms on Hal's web site? Our upcoming cruise in Nov 20th, final payment is payed but web site just wants me to download the form to bring to the ship. They will send that form with the final documents I presume as they usually do. I have done immigration forms on line for other cruise lines but cannot remember at what time period I did them. Any information?

Pat

This is strange. I have already filled in my immigration forms for both of the cruises I plan to take next year and had no problem with the online function. Final payments have yet to be paid on either of the cruises but that shouldn't make a difference I wouldn't think.

An unrelated question...they have a place for a passport but don't really explain how to fill it out if you are travling with just a BC and Driver's License. I sent my PP in for renewal and forgot to enclose a check :o but I called and gave them a credit card, the woman I spoke to was so nice, so I may have it in time but if I don't, I don't know how to fill out the immigration form.

We have always completed our on line immigration forms way in advance (at least 6 months on the last ones). I understand it does speed up the check in process.

Not sure about the passport situation as we are in the UK.

I understand the new photograph & fingerprinting system came in on Friday 1st Oct. My DH arrived in Miami from London for a business conference and it took some folks three hours to pass through immigration...... :(

Katie

I always thought you needed a passport on these cruises. Is that not always the case?

For the most part you are correct but we are just going to Nassau, St Maarten, Tortola and HMC and for those destinations, BC and Gov't issued photo ID is sufficient.

I believe if you don't have a passport you just put in zeros - 00000. When you click Submit, any section this is not completed properly (could be date of birth, etc), a little notice will pop up and tell you where the errors are and tell you what to do.

After you have completed the form properly another form with all the information will pop up and you will be instructed to PRINT a copy of it. I always print 2 copies and sign one which is turned in at check-in. The other I keep in my document folder.

I have already submitted the forms for our cruises in December and January.

What new photograph and fingerprinting system?

...I understand the new photograph & fingerprinting system came in on Friday 1st Oct. My DH arrived in Miami from London for a business conference and it took some folks three hours to pass through immigration...... :(

Katie

I always thought you needed a passport on these cruises. Is that not always the case?

I am not sure about Canada but the person from the UK must have them. I am fairly sure that Canadians may need them but they should check with someone in Canada....

We had a problem filling out the forms at HAL too. The problem turned out to be that the HAL computer had us filed under my wife's maiden name. Yours computer file may be messed up too. Give them a call and they can fix the problem.

Spcl4cs_gal: In the US and Mexico and most of the Caribbean we only need BC and DL (Or other Gov ID). Check with your TA re where you are going. Barbados, you may need it now. The group I'm travalling with required all of us to have passpaorts. I perfer it as I get through lines quicker then with BC and DL and Marriage Cert.

Also, if something happens it is far easier to leave a country holding a valid passport.

An unrelated question...they have a place for a passport but don't really explain how to fill it out if you are travling with just a BC and Driver's License. I sent my PP in for renewal and forgot to enclose a check :o but I called and gave them a credit card, the woman I spoke to was so nice, so I may have it in time but if I don't, I don't know how to fill out the immigration form.

Leave that part blank, you can always add it at the last minute, or be added at the port!

How far in advance can you complete the immigration forms on Hal's web site? Our upcoming cruise in Nov 20th, final payment is payed but web site just wants me to download the form to bring to the ship. They will send that form with the final documents I presume as they usually do. I have done immigration forms on line for other cruise lines but cannot remember at what time period I did them. Any information?

Pat

I would call them, something sounds wrong, you should be able to fill it out, print it out and take it to the port. It will take less time at the port if its all ready in their computers, otherwise you will have to stand their and wait!

Once you have a booking number, you should be able to access the immigration form. I have a passport, SO does not (in works). Leave all of that part blank, including country of citizenship....that is what hung me up on his a couple of times. While I have already filled out the forms, we are waiting on his new passport, and I probably won't edit and print them until the week before we go. We are on an outside guarantee and the stateroom will pop up on the form when it is assigned, usually 14-7 days before sailing. Right now it says "OOO". It looks better printed out and you also can put your Mariner Days (including this sailing) on the bottom. Remember to make a copy of your passport, birth certificate, and Driver's License to take along with you and put them away from the original, and leave one at home where someone can find it, just in case. I scanned ours and printed them in color.

What new photograph and fingerprinting system?

Hi Candy,

The new requirement came in last Friday. I assume it relates to all passengers entering the US !! DH said it consisted of placing each index finger on a screen, something like a photo-copier glass, and a digital photograph using one of those portable, football like cameras. HAL were using one at check in when we boarded the Westerdam last month. The rather 'unflattering' picture then appeared every time my ship ID was scanned.

I was curious how this new security measure would be handled when we sail from Vancouver to Seattle next year....

Katie.

We're sailing 11/7 and after receiving my docs I filled in the Immigration Forms yesterday online. While it did say to print them out and bring them with us, it was also clear it registered with them. I'm assuming they suggest bringing the copy with us just as a back-up and we will still go to the line marked for people who have completed immigration online (unless the other is shorter in which case I'll act dumb, go on that line and simply turn it in;) ).

Archived