Wine Cards, Coffee Cards, etc

Buddy604

Hi Gang, I'm taking my first HAL trip in 10 days and I have a quick question about the beverage cards. It's no doubt been asked before, but without the search function, I've had no luck finding the answer.

The question is, can unused cards be carried over to a future cruise or must they be used up on the cruise upon which they were purchased? I like the convenience of the cards, but I'm not enough of a drinker to knock back 10 glasses of wine on a single cruise. More like 10 glasses a year. :D

Princess does, at least unofficially, allow people to roll over their unused coffee cards, so I'm hoping HAL does the same.

Thanks!

The question is, can unused cards be carried over to a future cruise or must they be used up on the cruise upon which they were purchased?
Officially they are only good for the duration of the cruise ... but I and others have carried over wine cards to a later cruise. Also, they are not limited to just the purchaser, so you can treat a traveling companion or acquaintance or table-mate to a glass or two!

HAL has been getting "wind" of people carrying over the various cards. On our recent Veendam cruises, a couple tried to use their left over soda card -- no go -- the Veendam had different colored soda cards.

I was told by a wine steward that soon the wine cards are going to differ by ships -- I have no idea if this is going to happen or when if it does.

Archived