Eurodam VT

dakrewser

Just booked one of the new VT cabins for our Blues Cruise charter on the Eurodam (1/24/09) up on the Observation deck.

We're on the starboard side in 11003, so unless there are early morning parties in the Explorations cafe it should be relatively quiet.

The balcony is smaller than the typical V? cabin, but larger than the "French balcony" some have mentioned. I'm told it does hold 2 chairs.

But on this cruise especially, I don't intend to spend a lot of time in the cabin. Not with the Crow's nest a few feet away, and the new tamarind restaurant a short walk aft! (I wonder if they'll serve breakfast? ;) )

For this cruise, we were told, there's no "traditional" dining as such but two "open seating" dining "slots" (6 & 8) with no dress code (well, probably "no shoes, no shirt, no service"!). We'll go with the flow, as it's a small price to pay for the wall-to-wall, round-the-clock blues experience.

Who knows, maybe by the time we get back we'll be looking at Windjammer cruises!

Nice booking. Congratulations.

It is always good to book as soon as you know you want a certain cruise so you can get the cabin choice you want. ;) That's one of the main reasons we always book early.

Sounds like you have a great cruise to look forward to.

Very nice, Dave!

Here is a pic. SMALL chairs, maybe! :D

I think two standard balcony chairs, angled a bit to partially face each other - certainly no room for breakfast on the verandah!

Localady - These cruises sell out early. We actually reserved last fall, but today was the first day we could pick a cabin (it's based on "seniority" with the charter group). If we like it, and keep doing it, we'll gradually "move up the chain" and get a better choice of cabins. This time we had only V? to choose from (VA, VB, VC, VQ, VT), everything else was sold out.

Interestingly, the TA told us that there were fewer SA/B/C suites on the Eurodam then on the Vistas - 35 less, I think she said. More room for V? cabins was her take on it.

Hey Dave! We're charter blues cruisers (this will be our 10th LRBC), so we got to pick on day 1. We chose VQ10045 - just for something different. You may hear music from the Crow's Nest from your cabin late at night, but since you'll probably be in the Crow's Nest or on the aft deck or in the piano bar, who cares? You will love the blues cruise, believe me!

Sheila:cool:

Hey Dave! We're charter blues cruisers (this will be our 10th LRBC), so we got to pick on day 1. We chose VQ10045 - just for something different. You may hear music from the Crow's Nest from your cabin late at night, but since you'll probably be in the Crow's Nest or on the aft deck or in the piano bar, who cares? You will love the blues cruise, believe me!

Sheila:cool:

I briefly looked at the VQ's but then decided, what the heck - I spend so much time in "the Crow" on any cruise that this just makes it easier to "roll home" :)

We need to get a roll call started...

Archived